fbpx

small head 4

Home>>Антикварные Мощевики

Документированный мощевик с реликвиями от Столпа Бичевания и 12 Апостолов

Новинка
1823 Documented reliquary theca with relics of the Column of the Flagellation & 12 Apostles

Oval glass-fronted brass theca housing precious relics of 12 Apostles centered around the Column of Flagellation of ChristThe relics are affixed to a silk background decorated by the silver wire and gilt paperolle ornamentation and identified in Latin on manuscript cedulae labels as follows:

  1. The Column of Flagellation
  2. St. Andrew, the Apostle
  3. St. Peter, the Apostle
  4. St. Philip, the Apostle
  5. St. James the Less, the Apostle
  6. St. Thaddaeus, the Apostle
  7. St. Matthew, the Apostle
  8. St. Thomas, the Apostle
  9. St. Paul, the Apostle
  10. St. Bartholomew, the Apostle
  11. St. James the Greater, the Apostle
  12. St. Simon, the Apostle
  13. St. John, the Apostle & Evangelist

On the back, the theca is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of Monsignor Annibale Francesco Clemente Melchiorre Girolamo Nicola della Genga (†1829), the Cardinal Vicar-General of His Holiness for the Diocese of Rome (1820–1823) and the future Pope Leo XII (1823–1829).  The reliquary is encased in an original removable brass glass-fronted kiss reliquary. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed in 1823 by Monsignor della Genga, the Cardinal Vicar-General of His Holiness for the Diocese of Rome.  Suitable for private and public veneration. 

Of the many relics associated with the Passion of Jesus, the Column of the Flagellation (or the Scourging Post) is one of the more physically imposing. Certainly, the significance of the Crown of Thorns, the Holy Lance, Holy Nails, pieces of the True Cross, and other first-class relics of the Passion cannot be understated. However, the sheer size of the Column of the Flagellation lends it a physical presence unmatched by other relics of the Passion. Saint Mark‘s gospel states, “So Pilate, wishing to satisfy the crowd, released for them Barabbas; and having scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.” The Column of the Flagellation is said to have been discovered by Saint Helena during a visit to Jerusalem in the 4th century and was eventually transported to Italy, and in the early 13th century to be installed in the Church of Saint Praxedes (Santa Prassede) in Rome by the appropriately named Cardinal Giovanni Colonna. Today, the Column of the Flagellation is kept in a small side chapel in the Church of Saint Praxedes, displayed in a glass reliquary.

Дополнительная Информация

  • ID#: 20-RSINR-17
  • Размер: the kiss-reliquary: 60 mm ( 2 1/2 inches) across
  • Возраст: около
  • Происхождение: около
  • Материалы: около
  • Цена: ПРОДАНО!
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross
0
0
0
s2sdefault

Скидка 5% при подписке на получение периодической рассылки с информацией о новых поступлениях, эксклюзивных предложениях и увлекательных материалам по темам нашей специализации. 

Please wait