fbpx

small head 4

Home>>Антикварные Мощевики

Мощевик с реликвией от Яслей Господних и мощами 12 Апостолов

Large oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing first-class relics of the Apostles centered around an extremely rare relic from the Manger of the Child Jesus. The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle and silver wire ornamentation and identified in Latin on bi-color manuscript cedulae labels. The Precious relic of the Holy Crib is identified as De Cunis D.N.J.C. (of the Manger of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, under the protective cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francesco Antonio Marcucci (†1798) Bishop of Montalto (1770–1798), Titular Patriarch of Constantinople (1781–1786), and Vicegerent of Rome (1774–1786). Fr. Francesco Antonio Marcucci himself was proclaimed to be Venerable in 2010 after Pope Benedict XVI ratified a decree celebrating his life of heroic Christian virtue.  

In addition to the Relic of the Manger of the Child Jesus, the reliquary contains relics of the following Apostles: Saint Peter; Saint Paul; Saint Andrew; Saint Bartholomew; Saint Jude Thaddeus; Saint James the Greater; Saint Thomas Didymus; Saint Simon; Saint Matthias; Saint James the Lesser; Saint Philip; Saint Barnabus; and Saint Matthew.

History of the Precious Relic of the Holy Manger of the Child Jesus.

“And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger because there was no room for them in the inn.” (Luke 2:7)

The early church father Origen in the 3rd Century and St. Jeronimo in the 4th Century claimed they had seen the manger in Bethlehem’s Grotto of the Nativity, the birthplace of Jesus. The remains of the Holy Manger of Jesus Child (also known as “The Holy Crib” or “Sacra Culla”), kept in the custody of various Christians of the Holy Land, were brought to Rome in the year 642 as an offering from St. Sophronius, the Patriarch of Jerusalem to the newly elected Pope Theodore I, who was himself a native of Palestine. The Precious Relic has been preserved for over 1400 years, encased in an opulent silver and crystal cradle-shaped reliquary placed in a chapel under the main altar of the Titular Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome. Every year, it is venerated by thousands of pilgrims from all over the world. The Holy Relic consists of five boards, blackened with age, that are kept in a sumptuous reliquary. Four of the boards are considered to be boards from the Holy Manger. One board is different than the others. On its surface, there are Greek characters that are understood to be a note etched by an artist as a reminder of religious figures still to be sculptured. The remaining four boards, two of which are nearly a meter, were examined in 1893 and were found to be of sycamore wood, of which there are several varieties in the Holy Land. The five pieces of wood are secured to one another by two metal strips which suggest an ancient assembly. Studies have suggested they were supports for the manger, which may have been made out of clay or limestone.

Дополнительная Информация

  • ID#: 234-RSCR-5
  • Размер: 60 mm x 50 mm
  • Возраст: около последняя четверть 18 века
  • Происхождение: Рим, Италия
  • Материалы: посеребрённая латунь, стекло, шёлк, серебро, бумага, сургуч
  • Цена: Цена по запросу
  • Orthodox Cross
0
0
0
s2sdefault

Скидка 5% при подписке на получение периодической рассылки с информацией о новых поступлениях, эксклюзивных предложениях и увлекательных материалам по темам нашей специализации. 

Please wait