small head
Home>>Curated Collections>>Arma Christi, Relics of the Instruments of Christ's Passion Collection

Arma Christi, Relics of the Instruments of Christ's Passion Collection

The Passion of Christ is the sum total of events that brought physical and spiritual suffering to Jesus Christ in the last days and hours of his earthly life. A special place among the Passion of Christ is occupied by the events that occurred after the Last Supper: His arrest, judgment, scourging and execution — the culminating moment of the Christ's Passion. Relics of the Passion, also known as Arma Christi, are artefacts from the first century, preserved by the Catholic Church and venerated by Christians of all denominatins.

Reliquary monstrance with 2 relics of the Passion - the True Cross and the Holy Shroud

Elegant 18th century Baroque reliquary monstrance of parcel gilt and whitewashed wood housing two significant relics of ​the Christ's Passion: of the wood from the True Cross and of the material from the Holy Shroud. The relics are displayed in a  grass-fronted cavity located in the center the monstrance and identified on a fancy-cut paper cedula label as  De Ligno + DN  (of the wood [from the True Cross] of Our Lord) and De Sindone DN (of the Shroud of Our Lord). On the back, the cavity is secured by four seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of a Catholic Bishop. Fit for a for public veneration.

  • ID# 147-RSCR-25
  • Size 12 1/2 in (32 cm) high
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary with large relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Opulent 18th-century Baroque reliquary monstrance of gilt wood decorated with Arma Christi (Instruments of Passion) and housing very large and important relics from the wood from the True Cross of Jesus ChristThe relics are displayed in a  glass-fronted cruciform cavity located in the center the monstrance and identified on a paper cedula label as  De Ligno S. Crucis DNJC  (of the wood from the Holy Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, the cavity is secured by four seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Antonio Paganini, Vicar General to Giuseppe Saporiti (+1767), Archbishop of Genoa (1746-1767). Fit for a for public veneration.

  • ID# 189-RSCR-18
  • Size Reliquary is 37 cm (14 1/2 in) high
  • Age ca. Mid-18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials Gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with important relic from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus

Spectacular Baroque glass-fronted silver reliquary decorated with silver filigree wire ornamentation and housing significant relic from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ. The substantial relic is affixed to a light blue silk background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle. On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giuseppe Bartolomeo Menocchio, O.E.S.A. (1741- 1823), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and Sacristan of His Holiness Pope Pius VII. The relic is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed by Fr. Menocchio in 1807. This item is suitable for both private and public veneration by any Christian denomination. 

  • ID# 197-RSCR-23
  • Size 100 x 70 mm
  • Age ca. 1807
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Fancy theca with Passion relics of the Holy Shroud of Jesus Christ (Shroud of Turin)

19th-century silver crystal-fronted reliquary theca containing significant first class relics of the Holy Shroud of Jesus Christ also known as the Shroud of Turin.  The theca is surrounded by intricate ornamentation of silver wire and housed in an original box of issue. The relics are affixed to red silk background, surrounded by twisted wire ornamentation, and titled as Ex Linteo Sindone DN[JC] (From the Material of the Shroud of Our Lord Jesus Christ). Theca is secured on the back under a silver cap by a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of fr. Tommaso Michele Salzano (†1890), in a capacity of Titular Bishop of Tanis. The reliquary was made during the 4-day public exhibition (ostension) of the Shroud that took part in 1868 to celebrate the wedding of the prince (who became King of Italy) Umberto I and Marguerite of Savoy. 

  • ID# 89-RSCR-23
  • Size 120 x 105 mm
  • Age ca. 1868, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with 3 relics of the Passion of Christ - True Cross, Holy Thorn & Column of Flagellation

Large 18th-century reliquary monstrance housing relics of Christ's Passion: of the Wood from the True Cross, of the Holy Thorn from the Crown of Thorns, and of the Column of FlagellationThe relics are displayed in two grass-fronted cavities located in the center and the base of a cruciform monstrance of gilt wood. They are identified on a paper cedula labels as (top)  Ligno SS. Cruc. D. J. / Columna D. J. ([of] the Wood [from] the Most Holy Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ / [of] the Column of Flagellation of Our Lord Jesus Christ) and (bottom) as De Spina D. N. J. C. ([of] the Thorn of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, the cavities are secured by four seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Aloisio Buonamici (†), Bishop of Volterra (1782-1791). Fit for a large place of public veneration. 

  • ID# 143-RSCR-22
  • Size Reliquary: 42 cm / 16 1/2 inches high
  • Age ca. late 18th century, Italy
  • Materials gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with relics of the True Cross and Apostles

Large oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing first-class relics of the Apostles centered around particles from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ arranged in a cruciform shape. The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle and silver wire ornamentation and identified on paper cedulae labels. On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giovanni Maria Castelvetri (†1785),  Bishop of the Catholic diocese of Reggio-Emilia and Princeps in Northern Italy. The theca is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed by Bishop Castelvetri in 1752. 

In addition to the the Relic of the True Cross of Jesus Christ, the reliquary contains the following relics of the Apostles: Saint Peter; Saint Paul; Saint Andrew; Saint Bartholomew; Saint Jude [=Thaddeus]; Saint James the Greater; Saint Thomas Didymus; Saint Simon; Saint Matthias; Saint James the Lesser; Saint Philip; Saint Barnabus; and Saint Matthew.

This item is suitable for both private and public veneration by any Christian denomination.  

  • ID# 199-RSCR-16
  • Size 60 x 52 mm
  • Age ca. 1757
  • Origin Reggio Emilia Province, Italy
  • Materials Brass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

17th century Greek Cyprus Triptych Icon - Dormition of Theotokos, Nativity & Baptism of Christ, St Cosmas & Damian

Triptych icon depicting the Dormition of the most holy Theotokos depicted in the central panel, flanked by scenes of the Nativity (on the left) and the Baptism of Christ (on the right). The exterior panels show figures of two martyrs and unmercenary healers - Saints Cosmas and Damian.

  • ID# 130-RSFP-5
  • Size Open: 9 1/4 x 14 1/2 in. (23.5 x 36.8cm) | Closed: 9 1/4 x 7 1/4 in. (23.5 x 18.4cm)
  • Age ca. 17th century
  • Origin Cyprus
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Large crystal theca with relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ in original case

Fancy 18th century double-crystal silver-set reliquary theca housing very large historically important particle relics of ​the True Cross of Jesus ChristThe relics are displayed in cruciform shape under faceted rock crystal glass framed by silver filigree ornamentation. They are identified on a  paper cedula  as D. N. J. C.  ([from the Most Holy Cross of] Our Lord Jesus Christ). The theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Bishop Nicola Angelo Maria Landini, O.E.S.A. (†1782), Titular Bishop of Parthyrion and Vicar General of the Vatican Curia. The reliquary comes in its original drop-shaped tooled leather case. 

  • ID# 142-RSCR-1
  • Size 92 x 65 mm
  • Age ca. 18th century, Vatican
  • Materials silver, crystal in leather-bound case
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Monstrance reliquary with relic of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Elaborate Baroque 18th-century monstrance of gilt wood with crossed Arma Christi surmounted by carved wooden canopy containing oval silver glass-fronted theca housing relic of the Passion of Jesus Christ: particles of the Wood from the True Cross. The relics are mounted in cruciform shape on a background of red silk and surrounded by gold burst and twisted silver wire decoration. They are identified on elaborately cut out paper cedula label as Ex Lingo SS-mae Crucis D.N.J.C. (From the wood of the Most Precious Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ). The theca is authenticated on the back with perfectly preserved red wax seal of Francesco Gaetano Incontri (†1781), the Archbishop of Florence (p. 1741-1781). 

  • ID# 122-LCD-12
  • Size Monstrance: 42 x 17 cm
  • Age ca. third quarter of the 18th century, Italy
  • Materials gilt wood monstrance and silver theca
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with Passion relic of Column of Flagellation

Opulent Baroque silver glass-fronted pendant reliquary decorated by intricate open-work filigree scrolls and applied rosettes and containing an oval silver crystal-fronted theca housing substantial Passion Relic from the Column of Flagellation of  Jesus Christ. The relic is affixed to the background of  silk surrounded by gold and silver threaded ornamntation and titled in 18th century bi-color ductus a Ex Col(umn)a / Flag(geli)s D(omin)i N[(ost)ri J(esus) C(hristi)  (From the Column of Flagellation of Our Lord Jesus Christ.)  Accompanied by a matching ca. 1788 authentics document issued by Fr. Francesco Saverio Cristiani O.E.S.A. († 1800), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon in a capacity of the Vicar General of the Roman Curia during the pontificate of Pope Pius VI (p. 1775-1799). 

  • ID# 07-RSMB-12
  • Age ca. 1788
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary Monstrance with relic from the Titulus Crucis (INRI) of the True Cross of Jesus

Small Baroque reliquary monstrance made of wood with silvered front housing inside of a glass-fronted compartment a significant ex Titulus Crucis  (from the Inscription board on the True Cross) relic of Christ's Passion.  The precious relic is affixed to a background of red silk decorated with gilt paperolle and identified on a fancy-cut manuscript cedula as Tabula Titul[i] Crucis DNJC (From the Titulus tablet of the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, the relic is secured with a crisscrossed silk cord held in place by four perfectly preserved seals of red Spanish wax each with an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Antonio Martini (†1809), Archbishop of Florence (1781-1809).  

  • ID# 41-RSCRM-7
  • Size Reliquary is 7 1/2 in (19 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Origin Florence, Italy
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Substantial oval glass-fronted silvered metal reliquary theca housing relics from the Holy Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ. The relics are affixed to a red silk background in a cruciform shape and identified on a paper cedula in the upper part as D.N.J.C. (Domini Nostri Jesus Christi  - Our Lord Jesus Christ)On the back, under the protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a clear imprint of a coat of arms of fr. Giovanni Tommaso Neuschel (†) in a capacity of Bishop of Parma (1843 - 1852)The reliquary is accompanied by a matching authentics document issued and signed by fr. Neuschel in 1845. 

  • ID# 15-RSMB-125
  • Size 46 x 36 mm
  • Age ca. 1845, Parma, Italy
  • Price $6,750
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary theca with relics from the Veil of the Blessed Virgin Mary soaked in the Holy Blood of Jesus

Fancy Rocaille glass-fronted reliquary theca of gilt bronze housing substantial and extremely rare relic from the Veil of the Virgin Mary soaked in Blood of Jesus. The relic is centered on a gilt paper burst on a red silk background and identified on a hand-written paper cedula label as DE VELO BMV IMBVTO SANGUINE D.N.J.C. (of the Veil of the Blessed Virgin Mary Soaked in Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, the theca is protected by a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax with a clear imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giuseppe-Francisco Caffarena, the Vicar General to Gianni Lercari (†1802), the Archbishop of Genoa (1767-1802). The reliquary comes in original silk lined case of tooled leather. 

  • ID# 09-RSCRM
  • Size 60 x 52 mm
  • Age ca. second half of the 18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials gilt bronze in original leather case
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Fancy reliquary theca with relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Historically important large mid- 18th-century ornate brass reliquary theca housing on the background of red silk significant relics of The True Cross of Jesus Christ. The relics are arranged in a cruciform shape and titled on ornate paper cedula as Ex Cruce D. N. J. C. (Of the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ). The back of the theca behind the metal cap is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of Monsignor Giovanni Antonio Guadagni (+1759), cardinal vicar general of Rome (1732 - 1756) who was himself beatified as Servant of God under Pope Pius XII.

  • ID# 69-RSCR-55
  • Size 120 x 85 mm
  • Age ca. late 18th century, ca. 1800
  • Materials Brass
  • Price $5,750
  • Orthodox Cross

Rare documented touch relic of the Holy Lance of Jesus Christ - the Spear of Destiny

Incredibly rare touch relic made from the silver object that touched the most powerful and mysterius Passion relic - The Holy Spear of Jesus also known as the True LanceThe reliquary is affixed to the original  authentics document dated 1758 and issued and hand-signed by Fr. Nicola Manciforte (†1762), Bishop of Ancona. 

The document written in Latin translates as:

"...that this silver tip of a Lance, tied to this [letter] with a ribbon of red color, and secured with a small Seal of ours impressed in Spanish Wax, touched the Very Sacred Point of the Lance with which the Side of the Savior was pierced while he was hanging on the Cross; that it exists amongst the rest of the quite famous Relics, by the possession of which our Church was distinguished as the Catheral of St. Cyriacus; and that it rouses and fosters the piety of the Faithful wondrously well, and draws them to itself...."

The Holy Spear is also known as the Holy Lance is the name of the very spear that had pierced Christ’s side when he hanged on the cross. The first person to refer this as the Holy Spear was pilgrim Antoninus of Piacenza in 570 AD. While describing the holy places of Jerusalem, he said that in the Basilica of Mount Zion, there was the crown of thorns which Our Lord was crowned and the spear which was used to strike Him in the side. It was rediscovered by the European army of the First Crusade in the city of Antioch on June 15th, 1098, but eventually ended up in the treasury of Constantinople. It is documented, that the holy relic of the True Lance passed though Ancona (an Italian city on the Adriatic side of the Peninsula), in 1492 on its way from Bayezid II the Turkish Sultan (whose father obtainied it in 1451 during the conquest of Constantinople) to Pope Innocent VIII by the hand of Pierre d'Abusson, Grand Master of the knights of Rhodes. The Pope placed it the Treasury of the old St. Peter's Basilica in Rome with the volto santo where it is held in great veneration. It is now in one of great piers of the present St. Peter's Cathedral and in front of it, over the image of Longinus is inscribed "The Spear of Longinus, which Innocent VIII, the Chief Pointif received from Bayezid Sultan of the Turks; Urban VIII transferred it to a decorated shrinerasing an image and erecting the shrine beneath." (see for more information: Relics from the Crucifixion: Where They Went and How They Got There. By J. Charles Wall.)

Since there are no records of the Cathedral of Ancona retaining a part of the True Lance when it was passing though the town on its way to Rome, it is believed that the offered relic was obtained by melting a larger silver object that touched the tip of the True Lance in 1492. A number of analogous documented reliquaries are known, but their number is exteremely small and they are in a very high demand because of impossibility of making new touch relics from the True Lance held in the Vatican after it was transferred to the pier of St. Peter's basilica in the 17th century.

  • ID# 129-RSCR-125
  • Age ca. 1758
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Large Russian Icon - The Holy Mandylion - Image of Christ Not Made by Human Hands

The icon type of The Holy Mandylion represents the very first not made by human hands image of the Savior miraculously created by Christ himself. According to the Christian tradition, King Abgar of Edessa wrote to Jesus, asking him to come to cure him of an illness. Instead, one of the seventy disciples, Thaddeus, is said to have come to Edessa, bearing the words and an image of Jesus, by the virtues of which the king was miraculously healed. To create his likeness, Jesus used a face-cloth which miraculously bore the image of His face. This image of Christ preserved on the face cloth was kept and venerated in Edessa, and became known as “The Holy Image of Edessa”, the “Holy Mandylion” (from Greek “face cloth”), or “The Image Not Made With Human Hands”. This iconographic type is widely used by both the Eastern and the Western Christian Churches.

Finely executed with gold highlights. Two selected saints on the borders are St. Alexey, Metropolitan of Moscow and Saint Olympias the Deaconess. Minimally restored.

  • ID# 1311-RSHG-17
  • Size 17 1/2 x 14 3/4 in (44.3 x 37.6 cm)
  • Age ca. 19th-century
  • Origin Russia
  • Materials Tempera on wood panel with double kovcheg.
  • Price $5,500
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - The Holy Mandylion - Image of Christ Not Made by Human Hands

The icon type of The Holy Mandylion represents the very first not made by human hands image of the Savior miraculously created by Christ himself. According to the Christian tradition, King Abgar of Edessa wrote to Jesus, asking him to come to cure him of an illness. Instead, one of the seventy disciples, Thaddeus, is said to have come to Edessa, bearing the words and an image of Jesus, by the virtues of which the king was miraculously healed. To create his likeness, Jesus used a face-cloth which miraculously bore the image of His face. This image of Christ preserved on the face cloth was kept and venerated in Edessa, and became known as “The Holy Image of Edessa”, the “Holy Mandylion” (from Greek “face cloth”), or “The Image Not Made With Human Hands”. This iconographic type is widely used by both the Eastern and the Western Christian Churches.

Two selected saints on the borders: the prophet Elijah and St. Alexandra. Minimally restored. 

  • ID# 1314-RSHG-14
  • Size 12 x 10 1/4 in (30 x 26 cm)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Materials Tempera on wood panel. The haloes gilded.
  • Price $4,000
  • Orthodox Cross

Diamond set gold reliquary theca with relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Small gold theca containing significant particles from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ (Ex Ligno S. Crucis). The relics are affixed in a cruciform shape to the background of red silk and titled on a paper label. Theca is secured on the back with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of the coat of arms of Italian Archbishop.

The True Cross is the name for physical remnants which, by the Church tradition, are believed to be from the cross upon which Jesus was crucified. The Empress, the mother of Constantine, the first Christian Emperor of Rome, traveled to the Holy Land in 326-28, where she discovered the hiding place of three crosses that were believed to be used at the crucifixion of Jesus and of two thieves, St. Dismas and Gestas, executed with him, and that a miracle revealed which of the three was the True Cross. Fragments of the Cross were broken up, and the pieces were widely distributed; in 348, in one of his Catecheses, Cyril of Jerusalem remarked that the "whole earth is full of the relics of the Cross of Christ." Most of the very small relics of the True Cross in Europe came from Constantinople after the city was captured and sacked in 1204 during the Fourth Crusade. They were carved up by the present bishops and was divided with other very precious relics among the knights; who, after their return to the homeland, donated them to churches and monasteries.

  • ID# 42-DDCR-32 *
  • Size 17 mm in diameter x 17 mm deep
  • Age 20th century
  • Materials gold and diamond
  • Price $3,500
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Theca with Passion relics of the Holy Shroud of Jesus Christ (Shroud of Turin)

Rare and important 18th century silver crystal-fronted theca containing significant threads from the Holy Shroud of Jesus Christ also known as the Shroud of Turin. The relics are affixed to the silk background, surrounded by paperole ornamentation, and titled in 18th century ductus as De Sindone DN[JC ](from the Shroud of Our Lord Jesus Christ). Theca is secured on the back by a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of coat of arms of Italian Bishop.


The Holy Shroud is considered one of the most important relics of Christianity. Its existence has been documented since the 6th century, when it was venerated in Edessa, Syria. In 944, it was brought to Constantinople, where it was depicted in the “Codex Pray” and described in the homilies of the Patriarchs and the reports of visitors. In 1204, during the 4th Crusade, it was stolen from its reliquary in the Imperial Palace Chapel by the French knight Othon de la Roche and brought to France via Athens. He sent it to his castle near Besancon, where it was shown in the local Cathedral on Good Friday. Since 1357, it was first venerated in Lirey, Champagne, then in Chambery, and finally brought to Turin, Italy by the Savoy Dynasty in 1598.

In the 18th century, two popes, Clement XII (p. 1730-1740) and Benedict XIV (p. 1740-1758), ordered pieces of the upper left and right edge of the shroud to be clipped to disseminate the resulting fragments as papal gifts. In addition, Savoy tried to use the phenomenal popularity of the Shroud as an object of veneration to achieve the aims of domination in Piedmont, conversion of Turin into a capital of the European autocracy and achivement of international recognition as a ruling house of the royal standing. It is likely that a number of reliquaries containing particles of the Holy Shroud were distributed by the Duke of Savoy Victor Amadeus II († 1732) in the form of gifts aimed at achieving dynastic aspirations of the House of Savoy.

  • ID# 82-RSCR-11
  • Size 34 x 32 mm
  • Age ca. 18th century, Italy
  • Price $5,500
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary Monstrance with relic from the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ

Small Baroque reliquary monstrance made of wood with silvered front housing inside of an oval glass-fronted compartment a Sanguine (of the Precious Blood) relic of Christ's Passion.  The precious relic is affixed to a background of red silk decorated with an image of Christ surrounded by the instruments of Passion and identified on a fancy-cut manuscript cedula as De Sanguine / DNJC (From the Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, the relic is secured with a crisscrossed silk cord held in place by four perfectly preserved seals of red Spanish wax each with an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Antonio Martini (†1809), Archbishop of Florence (1781-1809).  

  • ID# 44-RSCRM-7
  • Size 12 in (30.5 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Origin Florence, Italy
  • Price $5,500
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary theca with relics of Arma Christi - the Passion of the Christ (Sponge, Thorn, and Purple Robe)

Egg-shaped silver glass-fronted theca housing relics of the Passion of Jesus Christ: Of the Holy Sponge, Of the Thorn from the Crown of Thorns and of the Purple Robe. The relics are mounted on a background of red silk and surrounded by paperolles and gilt paper ornamentation. They are identified on a paper cedula inscribed in bi-color dictus as DNJC (Our Lord Jesus Christ) / De Spongia (of [Holy] Sponge) / De Spin[a] Cor[onae] (of the Holy Thorn from the Crown of Thorns) / De Purpurae (of the Purple [Robe]). The theca is authenticated on the back with perfectly preserved red wax seal of Fr. Francesco Gaetano Incontri, Archbishop of Florence (p. 1741-1781).

  • ID# 125-LCR-8
  • Size 50 x 40 mm
  • Age ca. mid-18th century, Florence, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $3,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Attractive 19th Century Reliquary with relics of the Christ's Passion, Sepulture of Mary and Selected Saints

Attractive multiple relic reliquary, centered on the Holy Sepulchre and the Manger of Our Lord. Mounted against a red silk background, ornamented with gold and silver devices, and housed in a sealed, cast bronze reliquary theca further decorated with an inner ring of silver braid.

  • ID# 64-DDR-6
  • Age ca. 19th century
  • Price $2,750
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary with Passion relic of the Holy Rope of Jesus Christ

Oval silver crystal-fronted reliquary decorated on the outside with twisted wire housing rarely seen Passion relic of the Holy Rope of Jesus Christ.  The relics are surrounded by paperole ornamentation and titled on a paper cedula in 18th century ductus as De Fune D.N.J.C. The theca is protected on the back with perfectly preserved seal of Italian bishop. 

  • ID# 81-RSSR-56
  • Size 25 x 28 mm
  • Age ca. 18th century, Italy
  • Price $2,600
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Theca with relics from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing relics from the Holy Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ. The relics are affixed to a red silk background in a cruciform shape and identified on a paper cedula in the upper part as ex L.S. / C. D.N. / Jesu. C. (from the Wood of the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ)On the back the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a clear imprint of a coat of arms of Francesco Gaetano Incontri (†1781), the Archbishop of Florence (p. 1741-1781).

  • ID# 10-RSMB-35
  • Size 39 x 34 mm
  • Age ca. late 18th century, Florence, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,675
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary theca with Passion relic from the Column of Flagellation of Jesus Christ

Brass glass-fronted oval reliquary theca housing major relic of the Passion - particle from the Column of Flagellation of Jesus Christ. The relic is identified with paper cedula inscribed in 19th century ductus as Ex Columna Flahellat DNJC (from the Column of Flagellation of Our Lord Jesus Christ). The reliquary is secured by perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax with coat of arms of Luigi Fransoni († 1862) Archbishop of Turin (1832-1862).

  • ID# 15-DDCR-2 *
  • Age ca.1850's, Italy
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $800
  • Orthodox Cross

The web site showing only a sample of our entire inventory, if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us.

guarantee seal

Learn about our Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee and No Questions Asked 30-day return policy.