fbpx

small head 4

Home>>New Arrivals
Subject
Alphabetic filter
Sort by:  New Arrivals | Price | Discount | Reset
Filter by
Sorted by: Price High To Low
Selected filters:
Reset all
Filter by
  • Subject
  • Alphabetic filter
  • New Arrival
  • Price Range
Sort by
New Arrival
1838 documented silver reliquary monstrance with relics of the True Cross in original case

1838 documented silver reliquary monstrance with relics of the True Cross in original case

19th-century French cruciform  reliquary monstrance made of ebony wood decorated with solid silver finials and rays of light housing a glass-fronted silver theca with particles from the wood from the True Cross of Jesus ChristThe relics are displayed in a  glass-fronted removable theca placed in the center of the reliquary and identified in Latin as Verae Crucis ([from the] True Cross). The theca is secured by an undisturbed seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giovanni Pietro Augustoni O.E.S.A. (†1839), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and and Sacristan of the Apostolic Palace (1829–1839). It comes with an original matching authetics documents issued and signed by Fr. Augustoni in 1838. The reliquary is housed in its original fitted leather-clad case.

  • ID# 45-RSSR-2
  • Size 18 inches (46 cm) tall
  • Age ca. 1838 dated
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials ebony wood, silver, glass, silk, paper, Spanish wax, leather, wood.
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Spectacular silver reliquary with a large relic of the True Cross with case

Spectacular silver reliquary with a large relic of the True Cross with case

An opulent cruciform reliquary monstrance profusely decorated with filligree silver housing extremely large particles from the wood from the True Cross of Jesus ChristThe relics are in the cruciform shape and identified in Latin in red ink on a manuscript cedula label as Lingo SS-mae Crucis D.N.J.C. (Wood from the Most Holy Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ).  On the back, the reliquary is secured by three undisturbed seals of red Spanish wax with clear imprints of a coat of Monsignor Luigi Del Drago, the Archpriest of the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome (1839-1845). Comes housed in the perfectly preserved original tooled leather-clad silk-lined case of issue.

  • ID# 242-RSCR-13
  • Size 147 x 87 mm (5 3/4 x 3 1/2 inches)
  • Age ca. mid-19th century (ca. 1839-1845)
  • Origin Rome, Italy
  • Materials silver, silk, paper, Spanish wax
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
1870 Documented reliquary frame with facsimile relic of the Holy Nail of Jesus Christ

1870 Documented reliquary frame with facsimile relic of the Holy Nail of Jesus Christ

An attractive French glass-fronted frame of lacquered wood containing a facsimile third-class touch relic of the Holy Nail of Jesus Christ. The relic is certified by a seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of the Monastery of the Holy Cross of Jerusalem in Rome

The reliquary frame contains an original matching authentics document stating the following:

We attest to each and every one reading the present document that the enclosed three iron nails fastened with red silk ribbons to the secure seals, were placed near the Sacred Nail, the very sacred relic with which Our Lord Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross, that We, the Cistercians preserved in the inner chapel of the urban Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem, and the nails were made artistically to be elaborate so that it may seem very similar to the original. This document is issued in Rome in our Monastery of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem on July 2, 1870.

In addition, the reliquary frame contains the following items:

  1. A cloth ribbon -  3rd class touch relic of the Column of Flagellation of Christ inscribed MISURA DELLA COLONNA DI CRISTO NRO SIGNORE ALLA QUALE FU FLAGELLATO (A Measure Of The Pillar Of Christ Our Lord At Which He Was Flagellated);
  2. A mother-of-pearl pilgrim's cross from the Holy Land;
  3. A dried up branch from an olive tree with a hand written label Olivier de Terre Sainte (Olive from the Holy Land);
  4. An engraving with a depiction of the relic of the Titlo from the Cross of Jesus housed in the Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem in Rome;
  5. An envelope with a pebble relic from the Sepulcher of Christ;
  6. Two envelopes with a pebble relic from the Column of Flagellation of Christ;
  7. An envelope with a pebble relic from the Grotto of Gethsemane.

The reliquary is suitable for private and public veneration. 

  • ID# 47-RSSR-15
  • Size Frame: 17 3/4 x 14 1/4 inches (45 x 36 cm)
  • Age ca. 1870
  • Origin Rome, Frame - Bordeaux, France
  • Materials wood, paper, glass, Spanish wax, silk, cloth
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Spectacular French silver reliquary monstrance with relics of the True Cross

Spectacular French silver reliquary monstrance with relics of the True Cross

19th-century French cruciform  reliquary monstrance made of ebony wood decorated with hallmarked solid silver fleur-de-lis finials and housing a theca with particles from the wood from the True Cross of Jesus ChristThe relics are displayed in a  glass-fronted removable theca placed in the center of the reliquary and surrounded by a cruciform micromosaic depicting the Instruments of Passion (Arma Christi). The theca is secured by an undisturbed seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of the Order of Friars Minor.

  • ID# 44-RSSR-2
  • Size 17 1/2 inches (44 cm) high
  • Age ca. 19th century
  • Origin France
  • Materials ebony wood, silver, tessera, glass, Spanish wax
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
18c reliquary monstrance with relics of the True Cross and Agnus Dei wax seal

18c reliquary monstrance with relics of the True Cross and Agnus Dei wax seal

Large 18th-century  Baroque reliquary monstrance made of bronze decorated with a crucifix finial and housing theca an with particles from the wood from the True Cross of Jesus ChristThe relics are displayed in a  removable theca placed in the center of the reliquary inside of a glass-fronted round cavity. The theca is secured by an undisturbed seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Bishop Nicola Angelo Maria Landini, O.E.S.A. (†1782), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and Vicar General of the Vatican Curia. On the back, the opening displays an original Agnius Dei wax seal blessed by the Pope. Agnus Dei seals were made from a paschal candle and blessed by the Pope after the Agnus Dei prayer.  

  • ID# 46-RSSR-15
  • Size 19 1/2 inches (50 cm) tall
  • Age ca. 3rd quarter of the 18th century
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials bronze, glass, paper, silk, Spanish wax
  • Price SOLD!
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Large reliquary with important bone relic of Saint George, Martyr of Lydda

Large reliquary with important bone relic of Saint George, Martyr of Lydda

Large oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing the first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint George of Lydda. A significant (over 275 mm / 1 inch in length!) bone relic is affixed to the background of patterned silk ground and identified in Latin on a fancy manuscript cedula label as S. Georgii M.M. (St. George, Soldier & Martyr). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint with a coat of arms of Cardinal Antonio Felice Zondadari (†1823), Archbishop of Siena (1795-1823). 

  • ID# 239-RSCR-8
  • Size 13.5 cm (5 1/2 inches) in length
  • Age ca. first quarter of the 18th century
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials brass, glass, silk, paper, Spanish wax
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Rare Reliquary with First-Class Relic of St. Bernadette Soubirous

Rare Reliquary with First-Class Relic of St. Bernadette Soubirous

Attractive cruciform glass-fronted gilt bronze reliquary on the onyx stonre base decorated around the perimeter with floral ornamentation housing precious first-class ex capillis (from the hair) relic of St. Marian-Bernadette Soubirous. A substantial relic is affixed to a pink silk background and identified in Latin as S.M. Bernadae. On the back, behind a removable glass-fronted cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly-preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Patrice Flynn († 1970), Bishop of Nevers, France (1932-1963). 

  • ID# 48-RSSR-1
  • Size 9 x 4 1/3 inches (22.5 cm x 11.5 cm)
  • Age ca. mid-20th century
  • Origin Nevers, France
  • Materials metal, silk, Spanish wax
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
1776 Documented reliquary with large relic of St. John the Baptist, the Precursor of Christ

1776 Documented reliquary with large relic of St. John the Baptist, the Precursor of Christ

Large oval glass-fronted  silver pendant reliquary theca decorated around the perimeter with an ellaborate filligree and housing the first-class Ex Ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint John the BaptistA substantial relic is affixed to the red silk ground surrounded by silver wire and gilt paperolle ornamentation and identified in Latin on a typeset cedula label as S. Joannis Baptist. (St. John the Baptist). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Paolo Da Ponte O.C.D. (†1792), Bishop of Torcello, Italy (1773-1792). The theca is accompanied by an original matching authentics documents issued and signed by Bishop Da Ponte in 1776 where the relic is identified as Particulas es ossib. S. Joannis Baptiste Precursoris D. N. J. Christi prius recognitas ab Emic. R. E. Cardinali Columnas (fragments of the bone of St. John the Baptist, the Precursor of O[ur] L[ord] J[esus] Christ, previously recognized by his eminence R. E. Cardinal Columnas).

  • ID# 247-RSCR-65
  • Size 85 x 70 mm (3 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches)
  • Age ca. 1776
  • Origin Torcello, Italy
  • Materials silver, glass, silk, paper, Spanish wax
  • Price SOLD!
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
1818 Documented reliquary with relics of the Christ's Passion (Arma Christi)

1818 Documented reliquary with relics of the Christ's Passion (Arma Christi)

Oval glass-fronted  silvered brass pendant reliquary theca housing five relics of the Instruments of Passion of Jesus ChristRelics are affixed to the red silk ground surrounded by silver wire and gilt paperolle ornamentation and identified in Latin on manuscript cedulae labels as Ex Col. Flagell. / Ex Fune / Ex Spongia / Ex Sepulcro / Ex Arundine / D.N.J.C. (Of the Column of Flaggellation / of the Holy Rope / of the Holy Sponge / of the Holy Tomb / of the Holy Cane / of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Monsignor Giulio Maria della Somaglia (†1830), Cardinal-Priest of Santa Sabina (mother church of the Dominican order), Papal Vicar General (1795-1818), and Prefect of the Congregation of Sacred Rites. The theca is accompanied by an original matching authentics documents issued and signed by Monsignor Giulio Maria della Somaglia in 1818. 

  • ID# 241-RSCR-9
  • Size 47 x 44 mm
  • Age ca. 1818
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials brass, glass, silk, paper, Spanish wax
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
1760 Documented reliquary with relics of St. Januarius, Martyr & Patron of Naples

1760 Documented reliquary with relics of St. Januarius, Martyr & Patron of Naples

Large oval glass-fronted silver pendant reliquary theca housing the first-class Ex Ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint JanuariusA substantial relic is affixed to the red silk ground surrounded by silver wire ornamentation and identified in Latin on a fancy manuscript cedula label as S. Januarii Ep. & Martyr. (St. Januarius, Bishop & Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Domenico Tatis O.S.B. (†1765), Bishop of Brugnato, Italy (1754-1765). The theca is accompanied by an original matching authentics documents issued and signed by Bishop Tatis in 1760.

  • ID# 250-RSCR-65
  • Size 63 x 52 mm (2 1/2 x 2) inches
  • Age ca. 1760
  • Origin Brugato, Italy
  • Materials Silver, glass, silk, paper, Spanish wax
  • Price SOLD!
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

The web site showing only a sample of our entire inventory, if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us.

guarantee seal

Learn about our Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee and No Questions Asked 30-day return policy.

SAVE 5% from your first purchase when you subscribe to receive our infrequent mailings with updates on new arrivals, exclusive offers, and fascinating stories on relevant subjects. 

Please wait