Home>>Catholic Relics

Documented reliquary with relics of Saint Rose of Viterbo

Round glass-fronted silver reliquary theca dating to 1920's housing first class ex carne (from the flesh) relics of Saint Rose of Viterbo. The relics are affixed to a red silk background and identified on a typographic cedula as S. Rosae Vit. V. (Saint Rose of Viterbo, Virgin). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a clear imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Emidio Trenta, Bishop of Viterbo e Tuscania, Italy. The reliquary is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Trenta and dated 1929.

Saint Rose of Viterbo, T.O.S.F. (†1251), was a young woman born in Viterbo, then a contested commune of the Papal States. She spent her brief life as a recluse, who was outspoken in her support of the papacy. Otherwise leading an unremarkable life, she later became known for her mystical gifts of foretelling the future and having miraculous powers. She was canonized in 1457 by Pope Callistus III and her feast day is celebrated on 4 September. She is a holy patron of people in exile; people rejected by religious orders; Franciscan youth; and Viterbo, Italy​.​

Additional Info

  • ID#: 42-RSABR-5
  • Size: 28 mm in diameter
  • Age: ca. 1929, Viterbo e Tuscania, Italy
  • Materials: White metal
  • Price: $725
0
0
0
s2sdefault