small head
Home>>Catholic Relics

Documented theca with relics of Saint Giovanni Leonardi, the founder of the Clerks Regular of the Mother of God of Lucca

Oval Neo-Gothic glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first class pre-canonization ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Saint Giovanni Leonardi. The relics are affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by twisted silver wire ornamentation and identified on a typographic cedula label as Ex Oss. /B. Io[anis]. Leonardi C. (Of the bone of the Blessed Giovanni Leonardi, Confessor). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of the Postulator General of the Order of Clerks Regular of the Mother of God of Lucca. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by the Clerks Regular of the Mother of God of Lucca in Santa Maria in Campitelli in 1907. 

Saint Giovanni Leonardi (†1609) was an Italian Roman Catholic priest and the founder of the Clerks Regular of the Mother of God of Lucca (Clerici regulari a Mater Dei) a Roman Catholic Religious Order of priests, dedicated to education and pastoral care. He was beatified in 1861 and canonized in 1938 by Pope Pius XI. His liturgical feast is celebrated on 9 October. His relics lie enshrined in Santa Maria in Campitelli, Rome.

Additional Info

  • ID#: 98-RSABR-75
  • Size: 32 x 25 mm
  • Age: ca. 1907, Rome, Italy
  • Materials: silver
  • Price: $1,275
  • Silver
0
0
0
s2sdefault