small head
Home>>Catholic Relics

Theca with a first-class relic of Saint Jerome, Doctor of the Church

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing ex ossibus relic of Saint Jerome. The relic is surrounded by twisted wire ornamentation and identified on a paper cedula as S. Hierony Pr. D. (Saint Jerome, Presbyter Doctor) and secured by a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of Luigi Fransoni († 1862) Archbishop of Turin (1832-1862). 

Saint Jerome († 420) was a priest, confessor, theologian, and historian, who became a Doctor of the Church. He is best known for his translation of most of the Bible into Latin and he focused his attention to the lives of women and identified how a woman devoted to Jesus should live her life. He is recognized as a saint by the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Lutheran Church, and the Church of England. He is a patron of archeologists; archivists; Bible scholars; librarians; libraries; schoolchildren; students; and translators.

Additional Info

  • ID#: 72-DDCR125-1
  • Size: 35 mm x 30 mm
  • Age: ca. 1850's, Italy
  • Price: SOLD!
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross
0
0
0
s2sdefault