small head
Home>>Catholic Relics

Theca with relics of Saint Bartolomea Capitano of the Sisters of Charity of Lovere

Round glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing first class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Bartolomea Capitanio. The relics are affixed on a background of red silk surrounded by twisted silved wire and gold paperolles ornamentation and identified on a paper typographic cedula as B. Barth. Capitanio. The reliquary is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with coat of arms of Italian Bishop.

Saint Bartolomea Capitanio († 1833) born in Lovere, Italy was, with Vincenza Gerosa, one of the foundresses of the Catholic religious institute the Sisters of Charity of Lovere. She was canonized by Pope Pius XII in 1950.

Additional Info

  • ID#: 107-DDCR125-5
  • Size: 40 mm across
  • Age: ca. first half of the 20th century
  • Price: $375
0
0
0
s2sdefault