small head
Home>>Catholic Relics

Reliquary theca with relics of Blessed Odoric of Pordenone

Round glass-fronted  reliquary theca dating to 1920's housing first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Blessed Odoric of Pordenone. The relics are affixed to a red silk background and identified on a typographic cedula as B. Odorici C. (Blessed Odoric, Confessor)On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a hardly visible imprint of a coat of arms of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin sealed by Fr. Anthony M. Santarelli, Postulator General of the Order in 1920's responsible for a cause for beatification and canonization through the judicial processes required by the Roman Catholic Church.

Blessed Odoric of Pordenone, OFM (†1331), also known as Odorico Mattiussi or Mattiuzzi, was an Italian late-medieval Franciscan friar and missionary explorer. Moved by the many miracles that were wrought at the tomb of Odoric, Pope Benedict XIV, in the year 1755, approved the veneration which had been paid to Blessed Odoric. In the year 1881 the city of Pordenone erected a magnificent memorial to its distinguished son.

Additional Info

  • ID#: 28-RSABR-2
  • Size: 30 mm in diameter
  • Age: ca. 1920's
  • Materials: Silver
  • Price: $375
  • Silver
0
0
0
s2sdefault