small head
Home>>Catholic Relics

Documented theca with relics of St Lawrence of Brindisi, O.F.M. Cap., Doctor of the Church

18th century oval glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) pre-canonization relics of ​Saint Lawrence of Brindisi, O.F.M. Cap. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with gold paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedula label as B. Lauren. a Br. (Blessed Lawrence of Brindisi)On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Venerable Francesco Antonio Marcucci (†1798), Titular Patriarch of Constantinople (1781-1798), Confessor and advisor to Pope Clement XIV.. It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Marcucci in 1784. 

Saint Lawrence of Brindisi, O.F.M. Cap. (†1619) was a Roman Catholic priest, a theologian, and a member of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. He was beatified in 1783 by Pope Pius VI, canonized in 1881 by Pope Leo XIII, and declared a Doctor of the Church by Pope John XXIII in 1959. His feast day is celebrated on July 21.

Additional Info

  • ID#: 159-RSCR-2
  • Size: 25 x 22 mm
  • Age: ca. 1784
  • Origin: Vatican
  • Materials: silver
  • Price: $1,850
  • Silver
0
0
0
s2sdefault