small head
Home>>Curated Collections>>Spectacular Historically Important Christian Relics Collection

Spectacular Historically Important Christian Relics Collection

This collection comprised from a selection of our very best antique reliquaries. It took us several years to assembe it searching around the World for important examples of clear provenance in immaculate undisturbed condition.

Selection of large silver thecae and gilt Baroque monstrances dating to 18th and 19th century and housing relics of important universally venerated Christain Saints and of the Christ's Passion is complimented by substantial first-class relics of early Martyrs and Miracleworkers.

Please be assured that all of our items are guaranteed for life to be genuine antique artifacts and that they are ethically sourced from private collections, estates, and antique marketplaces in Europe. At times, only our willingness to act as a ready buyer of last resort saved the relics from inevitable destruction or from getting into the wrong hands. 

To protect the privacy of our clients, pricing of many items is available upon request only. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need pricing or any other information or would like to become a custodian of one of the items shown in this section. 

We offer a substantial discount for members of the clergy and acquisitions for the purpose of public veneration. 

Reliquary monstrance with large relic of St Nicholas of Bari, the Wonderworker of Myra

Baroque glass-fronted monstrance of gilt wood dating to 1830's housing very significant (50 mm / 2 inches long) first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra. The relic affixed to the red background, surrounded by the decoration of silk flowers and identified on a paper manuscript cedula label as Ex Oss Nicolai de Bari E (Of the bone of Saint Nicholas of Bari, Bishop).  The monstrance is sealed on the back with a crisscrossed ribbon held by seals of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of important Vatican official - Monsignor Costantino Cardinal Patrizi Naro (†), Prefect of the Roman Curia (1832-1834), as such responsible for the distribution of relics (later - Secretary of Universal Inquisition (1876), Dean of the College of Cardinals (1870-1876), and the Archpriest of the Arcibasilica Saint John Lateran Basilica, the patriarchal cathedral church of Rome that houses the ecclesiastical seat of the Bishop of Rome (i.e. the Pope) (1867-1876)). Suitable for public veneration. 

  • ID# 191-RSCR-185
  • Size 16 1/2 x 8 inches (42 x 20 cm)
  • Age ca. 1830's
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials Monstrance of gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with large relic of St George, the Greatmartyr of Lydda

Baroque glass-fronted monstrance of gilt wood dating to 1830's housing very significant (70 mm - 2 3/4 inches long) first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint George, the Greatmartyr of Lydda. The relic affixed to the red background,  surrounded by the decoration of silk flowers and identified on a paper manuscript cedula label as Ex Oss Georgy MM  (Of the bone of Saint George Martyr and Soldier).  The monstrance is sealed on the back with a crisscrossed ribbon held by seals of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of important Vatican official - Monsignor Costantino Cardinal Patrizi Naro (†), Prefect of the Roman Curia (1832-1834), as such responsible for the distribution of relics (later - Secretary of Universal Inquisition (1876), Dean of the College of Cardinals (1870-1876), and the Archpriest of the Arcibasilica Saint John Lateran Basilica, the patriarchal cathedral church of Rome that houses the ecclesiastical seat of the Bishop of Rome (i.e. the Pope) (1867-1876)). Suitable for public veneration. 

  • ID# 192-RSCR-185
  • Size 16 1/2 in x 8 in (42 x 20 cm)
  • Age ca. 1830's
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials Monstrance of gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary with relic from the Titulus Crucis (INRI) of the True Cross of Jesus

Spectacular 18th-century Baroque silver reliquary decorated with silver filigree wire ornamentation and housing under a plate of thick rock crystal significant ex Titulus Crucis  (from the Inscription board on the True Cross) relic of Christ's Passion.  The substantial relic measuring approximately 7 x 5 mm is affixed to a silk background decorated with paperolle and identified on a fancy-cut manuscript cedula as De Tabula Tituli Crucis DN [JC[ (From the Titulus tablet of the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, over another plate of rock crystal, the relic is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giuseppe Mancini (†1855), Archbishop of Siena (1824-1855).  The seal is a later re-certification in place of a lost original 18th-century authentics. 

  • ID# 180-RSCR-24
  • Size 195 x 111 mm (7 3/4 x 4 1/4 in)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with large relic of Saint George, Martyr of Lydda

Elegant Mid-19th century architectural Neo-Gothic reliquary monstrance of parcel gilt wood housing significant and important first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of ​the Saint George, Martyr of LyddaThe relic is housed in a  grass-fronted reliquary urn placed on the lower part of the monstrance. It is identified on a fancy-cut paper cedula label as  S. Georgii, Mil. M  (Saint George, Soldier, Martyr). On the sides, the urn is secured by two seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Gennaro Pasca (†1855), Bishop  of Nola (1828-1855). Suitable for public veneration. 

  • ID# 148-RSCR-2
  • Size Monstrance - 15 in (38 cm) high, Reliquary urn - 5 1/2 in (17 cm) high
  • Age ca. mid -19th century
  • Origin Naples, Italy
  • Materials Gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary with large first-class relic of Saint Nicholas of Myra

Spectacular Gothic architectural brass reliquary housing very large and important first-class ex ossibus relic of Saint Nicholas, Bishop of MyraThe relic is displayed inside of a red glass cylinder recepticle and identified on a manuscript cedula as S. Nicholai Ep. Mir. (Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra). The reliquary is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Enrique Laso de la Vega (†1729), Titular Bishop of Thaumacus (1728-1729). .

  • ID# 17-RSMBR-19
  • Size 26 cm x 18 cm (10 1/2 in x 7 in)
  • Age ca. 1720s
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials brass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with 2 relics of the Passion - the True Cross and the Holy Shroud

Elegant 18th century Baroque reliquary monstrance of parcel gilt and whitewashed wood housing two significant relics of ​the Christ's Passion: of the wood from the True Cross and of the material from the Holy Shroud. The relics are displayed in a  grass-fronted cavity located in the center the monstrance and identified on a fancy-cut paper cedula label as  De Ligno + DN  (of the wood [from the True Cross] of Our Lord) and De Sindone DN (of the Shroud of Our Lord). On the back, the cavity is secured by four seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of a Catholic Bishop. Fit for a for public veneration.

  • ID# 147-RSCR-25
  • Size 12 1/2 in (32 cm) high
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary with large relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Opulent 18th-century Baroque reliquary monstrance of gilt wood decorated with Arma Christi (Instruments of Passion) and housing very large and important relics from the wood from the True Cross of Jesus ChristThe relics are displayed in a  glass-fronted cruciform cavity located in the center the monstrance and identified on a paper cedula label as  De Ligno S. Crucis DNJC  (of the wood from the Holy Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, the cavity is secured by four seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Antonio Paganini, Vicar General to Giuseppe Saporiti (+1767), Archbishop of Genoa (1746-1767). Fit for a for public veneration.

  • ID# 189-RSCR-18
  • Size Reliquary is 37 cm (14 1/2 in) high
  • Age ca. Mid-18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials Gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Documented reliquary with first-class relic of St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra

Documented reliquary with first-class relic of St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra

Large oval glass-fronted silver reliquary housing significant first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra. The substantial relic is affixed to a gold background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle and identified on a paper cedula label as "Ex Ossibus / S. Nicolai Ep. Mir." (from the bone of St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francesco Frosini, (†1733) the Archbishop of Pisa (1702-1733). The relic is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed in 1734. This item is suitable for both private and public veneration by any Christian denomination. 


Translation of the document from Latin:

  • FRANCESCO FROSINI (†1733)
  • Patritius of Pistoia, Knight of the Holy Roman Empire,
  • by the grace of God and the Apostolic See Archbishop of Pisa (1702-1733), the Islands of Corsica,
  • both Primate of Sardinia and Papal Legate among them, as well as bishop assistant at the Pontifical Throne.

To all and each about to inspect these our letter before them, we make a pledge and we attest publicly to the effect that the under-written Sacred Relics were shown to us, namely a piece of the bones of Nicolas, Bishop of Myra

This, taken from authentic places, we have recognized to have been fortified with a seal and with the letters  and Reverend D Giuseppe M[aria] Martelli (†1741), Archbishop of Florence (1722-1741) and these we have placed reverently, locating them in a small little oval box made of brass, closed with glass, which we have tied with a silken thread, red in color; and which we have stamped with our small seal pressed in red Spanish wax above the thread itself for the sake of identification. And we have given this for the greater glory of God and the veneration of his named saints. And we have given it to the Reverend P. F. Giuseppe Martelli of the Order of Carmelites with the ability to keep it, to give it away to others, and to exhibit it publicly in whatever church or oratory or chapel for the veneration of the faithful ones of Christ, as long as the things that need preserving are preserved.

in good faith of which things, we have ordered this testimonial letter to be made through our under-written Chancery, and we have ordered it to be confirmed with our seal, and we have signed below in our own hand.

Dated/given at Pisa from the palace of the archbishop at Saint Mary the Great on this day, 20 November, in the year 1734 

  • ID# 198-RSCR-16
  • Size 70 x 55 mm
  • Age ca. 1734
  • Origin Pisa, Italy
  • Materials brass
  • Price (RESERVED)
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Documented reliquary with important relic from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus

Documented reliquary with important relic from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus

Spectacular Baroque glass-fronted silver reliquary decorated with silver filigree wire ornamentation and housing significant relic from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ. The substantial relic is affixed to a light blue silk background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle. On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giuseppe Bartolomeo Menocchio, O.E.S.A. (1741- 1823), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and Sacristan of His Holiness Pope Pius VII. The relic is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed by Fr. Menocchio in 1807. This item is suitable for both private and public veneration by any Christian denomination. 

  • ID# 197-RSCR-23
  • Size 100 x 70 mm
  • Age ca. 1807
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented arm reliquary with important relics of Saint Abundius, Miracleworker, Bishop & Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a realistically rendered arm with blessing fingers made of silvered and gilt papier-mache containing, in the mid-section cavity, a removable oval glass-fronted silvered brass theca with two historically significant first class relics of an early Christian martyr Saint Abundius of Rome, identified on a manuscript cedula label as of the dens  (tooth) and digiti iunctura (part of a finger).  On the back, the theca is secured by an impression in red Spanish wax of a seal of fr. Giuseppe Mancini (†1855), Archbishop of Siena (1824-1855).The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed in 1829 by fr. Giuseppe Mancini.

The document describes the relic in Italian as follows:

Giuseppe Mancini
by the grace of God, and of the Holy Apostolic See
Archbishop of Siena  Domestic Prelate of his Holiness and assistant to the papal throne

We publicly acknowledge with our present letters for the greater glory of God and veneration of his saints, having recognized the following sacred relics, namely: a tooth and a bone of a finger of Saint Abundius priest, monk, and Martyr ... We placed ... extracted from authentic places, in a glass-fronted silvered brass case of oval oblong shape and housed in a silver-plated papier-mache reliquary in [the shape of] an arm. 

  • ID# 184-RSCR-2
  • Size 17 3/4 in (45 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1829
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Silvered and gilt papier-mache reliquary, silvered brass theca
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Important reliquary theca with relics of St Valentine of Rome, Patron of the Courtly Love

Important reliquary theca with relics of St Valentine of Rome, Patron of the Courtly Love

Attractive large oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing significant and important relic of Saint Valentine of Rome, Bishop and Martyr. Very large (3 cm or 1  1/4 inches long) first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic is affixed on a background richly decorated with gilt paper and silk flowers and identified in a fancy cut paper cedula label as Ex Oss S. Valentini Mart. (Of the bone of Saint Valentine, Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Cardinal Bernardino (†1807), the Archbishop of Senigallia and an important official of the Vatican Curia. 

  • ID# 196-RSCR-12
  • Size 160 x 130 mm (6 1/4 x 5 1/4 in)
  • Age ca. 1790s
  • Origin Italy
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Fancy theca with Passion relics of the Holy Shroud of Jesus Christ (Shroud of Turin)

19th-century silver crystal-fronted reliquary theca containing significant first class relics of the Holy Shroud of Jesus Christ also known as the Shroud of Turin.  The theca is surrounded by intricate ornamentation of silver wire and housed in an original box of issue. The relics are affixed to red silk background, surrounded by twisted wire ornamentation, and titled as Ex Linteo Sindone DN[JC] (From the Material of the Shroud of Our Lord Jesus Christ). Theca is secured on the back under a silver cap by a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of fr. Tommaso Michele Salzano (†1890), in a capacity of Titular Bishop of Tanis. The reliquary was made during the 4-day public exhibition (ostension) of the Shroud that took part in 1868 to celebrate the wedding of the prince (who became King of Italy) Umberto I and Marguerite of Savoy. 

  • ID# 89-RSCR-23
  • Size 120 x 105 mm
  • Age ca. 1868, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with relics of St Pantaleon, (Panteleimon), Greatmartyr and Unmercenary Healer

Opulent 18th century Baroque reliquary monstrance of gilt wood housing very significant and historically important relic of ​the Saint Pantaleon, Greatmartyr and Unmercenary HealerThe relic in displayed in an oval grass-fronted cavity located in the center the monstrance and identified on a fancy-cut paper cedula label as  S. Pantaleo. Mart  (Saint Panteleon, Martyr). On the back, the cavity is secured by two seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francisco Maria de Vecchi, the Apostolic Protonotary and the General Vicar to Fr. Giuseppe Maria Saporiti, Archbishop of Genoa (1746-1767). Fit for a large place of public veneration. 

  • ID# 141-RSCR-9
  • Size Reliquary: 38 cm / 15 inches high, relic - 35 mm long
  • Age ca. 18th century, Genoa, Italy
  • Materials gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Documented reliquary with relics of the True Cross and Apostles

Documented reliquary with relics of the True Cross and Apostles

Large oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing first-class relics of the Apostles centered around particles from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ arranged in a cruciform shape. The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle and silver wire ornamentation and identified on paper cedulae labels. On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giovanni Maria Castelvetri (†1785),  Bishop of the Catholic diocese of Reggio-Emilia and Princeps in Northern Italy. The theca is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed by Bishop Castelvetri in 1752. 

In addition to the the Relic of the True Cross of Jesus Christ, the reliquary contains the following relics of the Apostles: Saint Peter; Saint Paul; Saint Andrew; Saint Bartholomew; Saint Jude [=Thaddeus]; Saint James the Greater; Saint Thomas Didymus; Saint Simon; Saint Matthias; Saint James the Lesser; Saint Philip; Saint Barnabus; and Saint Matthew.

This item is suitable for both private and public veneration by any Christian denomination.  

  • ID# 199-RSCR-16
  • Size 60 x 52 mm
  • Age ca. 1757
  • Origin Reggio Emilia Province, Italy
  • Materials Brass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with 3 relics of the Passion of Christ - True Cross, Holy Thorn & Column of Flagellation

Large 18th-century reliquary monstrance housing relics of Christ's Passion: of the Wood from the True Cross, of the Holy Thorn from the Crown of Thorns, and of the Column of FlagellationThe relics are displayed in two grass-fronted cavities located in the center and the base of a cruciform monstrance of gilt wood. They are identified on a paper cedula labels as (top)  Ligno SS. Cruc. D. J. / Columna D. J. ([of] the Wood [from] the Most Holy Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ / [of] the Column of Flagellation of Our Lord Jesus Christ) and (bottom) as De Spina D. N. J. C. ([of] the Thorn of Our Lord Jesus Christ). On the back, the cavities are secured by four seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Aloisio Buonamici (†), Bishop of Volterra (1782-1791). Fit for a large place of public veneration. 

  • ID# 143-RSCR-22
  • Size Reliquary: 42 cm / 16 1/2 inches high
  • Age ca. late 18th century, Italy
  • Materials gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with xlarge relic of Saint Fructuosus, Bishop & Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a tall obelisk of veneered ebony wood with front and side glass windows, standing on a rectangular base and topped with a gilt brass finial in the form of a cross and crossed palm branches, traditionally denoting a holy martyr. Inside the reliquary contains historically significant relic of the ex ossibus (from the bone) from partem cruris (part of the leg) of the early Christian martyr Saint Fructuosus of Tarragona,positioned vertically and identified on a manuscript cedula label. On the back, the reliquary is sealed by a double impression in red Spanish waxof a seal of the Siena cathedral.The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed in 1714 by fr. Horatius Piccolomini Arragona, interim Archbishop of Siena. The document describes the relic in Latin as follows:

"To each and all we pledge our good faith, and we testify that today, for the greater glory of God and the veneration of his saints, this holy reliquary of Martyr in Christ is declared to be part of the leg of Saint Fructuosus Martyr, dug up from the Lucina Cemetery of the Holy Family in Rome by brother Pierre Lambert Ledrou, († 1721), Order of Hermits of Saint Augustine, Bishop of Porphyrion [1692 - 1721] and the Prefect of the Apostolic Shrine in the days leading up to 24 July, 1701. Given as a gift to Mother Superior Maria Monica Viciolomini, of the Convent of the Holy Family of the order of St. Benedict in the venerable monastery of the Blessed Virgin Mary of this town of Tressa [present name Ponte a Tressa]."

  • ID# 182-RSCR-135
  • Size 19 1/4 in (49 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1714
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with xlarge relic of Saint Crescentius of Rome, Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a tall obelisk of painted wood with front and side glass windows, standing on a rectangular base and topped with a gilt wood finial in the form of a cross and crossed palm branches, traditionally denoting a holy martyr. Inside, the reliquary contains historically significant relic of ex ossibus (from the bone) from magna parte cruris (significant part of the leg) of the early Christian martyr Saint Crescentius of Rome, positioned vertically and identified on a manuscript cedula label and decorated with silk flowers. On the back, the reliquary is secured with a silk ribbon held by two red Spanish wax with an impression of a seal of Monsignor Alessandro Zondadari (†1744), Archbishop of Siena (1715-1744).The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed by fr. Zondadari in 1719. 

The document describes the relic in Latin as follows:

"To all and each reading these letterswe, the undersigned, make a pledge and attest that, seeing as they were exhibited to us in person ... and having been recognized in the New Curia with their own and authentic documents assented to in the archives of the same Curia, clearly a large part of the leg of Saint Crescentius Martyr, today we, for the greater glory of God and the veneration of his saints, have placed  into ... a wooden reliquary, black in color, in the shape of a small pyramid; protected  by glass panels and a gilded coronet and inside decorated with little flowers; a reliquary which on its own [back side] is tied with a whitesilk ribbon securing the joint of the wood with a double impression of the same seal in Spanish wax."

  • ID# 183-RSCR-135
  • Size 19 1/4 in (49 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1719
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Large crystal theca with relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ in original case

Fancy 18th century double-crystal silver-set reliquary theca housing very large historically important particle relics of ​the True Cross of Jesus ChristThe relics are displayed in cruciform shape under faceted rock crystal glass framed by silver filigree ornamentation. They are identified on a  paper cedula  as D. N. J. C.  ([from the Most Holy Cross of] Our Lord Jesus Christ). The theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Bishop Nicola Angelo Maria Landini, O.E.S.A. (†1782), Titular Bishop of Parthyrion and Vicar General of the Vatican Curia. The reliquary comes in its original drop-shaped tooled leather case. 

  • ID# 142-RSCR-1
  • Size 92 x 65 mm
  • Age ca. 18th century, Vatican
  • Materials silver, crystal in leather-bound case
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Monstrance reliquary with relic of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Elaborate Baroque 18th century monstrance of gilt wood with crossed Arma Christi surmounted by carved wooden canopy containing oval silver glass-fronted theca housing relic of the Passion of Jesus Christ: particles of the Wood from the True Cross. The relics are mounted in cruciform shape on a background of red silk and surrounded by gold burst and twisted silver wire decoration. They are identified on elaborately cut out paper cedula  as Ex Lingo SS-mae Crucis D.N.J.C. (From the wood of the Most Precious Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ). The theca is authenticated on the back with perfectly preserved red wax seal of Francesco Gaetano Incontri (†1781), the Archbishop of Florence (p. 1741-1781). 

  • ID# 122-LCD-12
  • Size Monstrance: 42 x 17 cm
  • Age ca. third quarter of the 18th century, Italy
  • Materials gilt wood monstrance and silver theca
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary with relic of Saint Benedicta (Benedetta) of Rome, Virgin Martyr

Large oval glass fronted parcel guilt wood reliquary housing historically important bone relic of Saint Benedicta, Virgin and Martyr. The relic, over 150 mm in length, is affixed to the background of red silk and titled on an intricately cut cedula as S. Benedictae Mar[tirus]. The protection seals on the back are missing and there is no indication that the reliquary was originally sealed. 

  • ID# 96-RSCR-55
  • Size 23 x 17.5 cm (9 x 7 in)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with Passion relic of Column of Flagellation

Opulent Baroque silver glass-fronted pendant reliquary decorated by intricate open-work filigree scrolls and applied rosettes and containing an oval silver crystal-fronted theca housing substantial Passion Relic from the Column of Flagellation of  Jesus Christ. The relic is affixed to the background of  silk surrounded by gold and silver threaded ornamntation and titled in 18th century bi-color ductus a Ex Col(umn)a / Flag(geli)s D(omin)i N[(ost)ri J(esus) C(hristi)  (From the Column of Flagellation of Our Lord Jesus Christ.)  Accompanied by a matching ca. 1788 authentics document issued by Fr. Francesco Saverio Cristiani O.E.S.A. († 1800), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon in a capacity of the Vicar General of the Roman Curia during the pontificate of Pope Pius VI (p. 1775-1799). 

  • ID# 07-RSMB-12
  • Age ca. 1788
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Large fancy theca with first class relics of Unmercenary Healer Saint Pantaleon (Panteleimon), the Greatmartyr

Large oval silver glass-fronted theca housing first class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Unmercenary Healer and Greatmartyr Saint Pantaleon (Panteleimon). The relic is mounted on the background of gold silk and surrounded by hand painted floral ornamentation. It is identified on a paper cedula  as  Ex Oss[isbus] .S.Pantaleonis M. Mar. (Saint Pantaleon, Medic, Martyr).  The back of the theca is decorated with a chased depiction of Arma Christiuthenticated on the back with red wax seal of Fr. Giovanni Luca Solari, Bishop of Brugnato, Italy  (p. 1792-1810).

  • ID# 114-LCR-1
  • Size 75 x 65 mm
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Materials Silver
  • Price (RESERVED)
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary with relic of Saint Honestus, Martyr

Oval glass fronted parcel guilt wood reliquary housing historically important bone relic of Saint Honestus, martyr. The relic, over 145 mm in length,  is affixed to the background of red silk and titled on an intricately cut cedula as S. Honesti Mar[tirus].

  • ID# 95-RSCR-55
  • Size 22 cm x 17 cm (9 x 7 in)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important documented reliquary theca with relics of St Nicholas of Bari, Bishop of Myra

Oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus relic of Saint Nicholas of Bari, Bishop of MyraThe relic is affixed to a red silk background and identified on an arch-shaped manuscript cedula as S. Nicholas Baren[si] (Saint Nicholas of Bari). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Borghese in 1792.

  • ID# 157-RSCR-8
  • Size 32 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1792
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Brass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Unique travel reliquary with relics of the True Cross and 46 Saints and Martyrs

Unique double panel multi-relic travel reliquary dating to 18th century containing relic of the True Cross and ex ossibus first class relics of 46 importains saints and martyrs. The relics are affixed to a silk bacground and surrounded by elaborate paperoles ornamentation and held in a custom hinged brass and tortoise case. Each relic is identified on a separate paper cedula and in the right panel centered around a plaque with an image of Christ in the Crown of Thorns. 

The left panel of the reliquary contains the following relics:

  1. [The True Cross] D.N.J.C.
  2. S.Naual
  3. S.Aubin.
  4. S.Justinne
  5. S.Marc.
  6. S.Jastin (?)
  7. S.Juste.
  8. S.Saba
  9. S.Alexandri
  10. S.Renee
  11. S.Forent.
  12. S.Casimir
  13. S.Pie M
  14. S.Pontian M.
  15. S.Cler m.
  16. S.Calixtes M.
  17. S.Clete M.
  18. S.Georger M.
  19. S.Auelee M.
  20. S.Cherice
  21. S.Luce M.
  22. S.Simeon.m.
  23. S.Alleais M.
  24. S.Artheine M.
  25. S.Victor M.
  26. S.Maxime M
  27. S.Bonifaci
  28. S.Bonitare (?)

The right panel of the reliquary contains the following relics:

  1. S.Nicolas
  2. S.Benois
  3. S.Jimothee
  4. S.Gaudence M
  5. S.Candida
  6. S.Valentia
  7. S.Jilues
  8. S.Prosper m.
  9. S.Senorum M.
  10. S.Candido M
  11. S.Modeste M.
  12. S.Iulie M.
  13. S.Inocentii M.
  14. S.Alexandri M.
  15. S.Antonin M.
  16. S.Anne M.
  17. S.Modeste M.
  18. S.Clemet.M.
  19. S.Polinn.
  • ID# 120-LCR-1
  • Size closed: 13.5 x 10.5 cm , opened: 21 x 13.5 cm
  • Age ca. 18th century, Italy
  • Price Price upon request

The web site showing only a sample of our entire inventory, if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us.

guarantee seal

Learn about our Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee and No Questions Asked 30-day return policy.