small head
Home>>Curated Collections>>Christian Martyrs, Heroes of the Faith Collection

Christian Martyrs, Heroes of the Faith Collection

" ... [we] took his bones which are more valuable than precious stones and finer than refined gold, and laid them in a suitable place where the Lord will premit us to gather ourselves together in gladness and joy and to celebrate the birthday of his martyrdom."

(A disciple's account of preservation of relics of Saint Martyr Polycarp written shortly after he was burned at the stake in the year of 156 or 157, which is the earliest record of honor paid to relics of a Holy Christian Martyr.)

Reliquary monstrance with large relic of St George, the Greatmartyr of Lydda

Baroque glass-fronted monstrance of gilt wood dating to 1830's housing very significant (70 mm - 2 3/4 inches long) first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint George, the Greatmartyr of Lydda. The relic affixed to the red background,  surrounded by the decoration of silk flowers and identified on a paper manuscript cedula label as Ex Oss Georgy MM  (Of the bone of Saint George Martyr and Soldier).  The monstrance is sealed on the back with a crisscrossed ribbon held by seals of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of important Vatican official - Monsignor Costantino Cardinal Patrizi Naro (†), Prefect of the Roman Curia (1832-1834), as such responsible for the distribution of relics (later - Secretary of Universal Inquisition (1876), Dean of the College of Cardinals (1870-1876), and the Archpriest of the Arcibasilica Saint John Lateran Basilica, the patriarchal cathedral church of Rome that houses the ecclesiastical seat of the Bishop of Rome (i.e. the Pope) (1867-1876)). Suitable for public veneration. 

  • ID# 192-RSCR-185
  • Size 16 1/2 in x 8 in (42 x 20 cm)
  • Age ca. 1830's
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials Monstrance of gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with large relics of Saint Martyr Cyriacus, Bishop of Jerusalem

Opulent 17-th century reliquary in a form of a chest of gilt and painted wood with frontal openings and internal vitrine of glass housing very large and historically significant ex ossibus (bone) relics of Saint Cyriacus, Martyr & Bishop of Jerusalem. The relics are identified on a manuscript paper cedula label as S. Corpus S. Ciriaci Epi. et Martire (from the holy body of Saint Cyriac, Bishop and Martyr). The reliquary is recertified in the 19th century with red ribbon secured by seals of red Spanish wax with imprints of a coat of arms of Cardinal Lorenzo Litta  (†), the Vicar General of Rome (1818-1820).

  • ID# 27-RSMBR-23
  • Size 11 x 9 x 5 in (28 x 23 x 13 cm)
  • Age ca. 17th century, re-certified in 19th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials Gilt wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with large relic of Saint George, Martyr of Lydda

Elegant Mid-19th century architectural Neo-Gothic reliquary monstrance of parcel gilt wood housing significant and important first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of ​the Saint George, Martyr of LyddaThe relic is housed in a  grass-fronted reliquary urn placed on the lower part of the monstrance. It is identified on a fancy-cut paper cedula label as  S. Georgii, Mil. M  (Saint George, Soldier, Martyr). On the sides, the urn is secured by two seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Gennaro Pasca (†1855), Bishop  of Nola (1828-1855). Suitable for public veneration. 

  • ID# 148-RSCR-2
  • Size Monstrance - 15 in (38 cm) high, Reliquary urn - 5 1/2 in (17 cm) high
  • Age ca. mid -19th century
  • Origin Naples, Italy
  • Materials Gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented arm reliquary with important relics of Saint Abundius, Miracleworker, Bishop & Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a realistically rendered arm with blessing fingers made of silvered and gilt papier-mache containing, in the mid-section cavity, a removable oval glass-fronted silvered brass theca with two historically significant first class relics of an early Christian martyr Saint Abundius of Rome, identified on a manuscript cedula label as of the dens  (tooth) and digiti iunctura (part of a finger).  On the back, the theca is secured by an impression in red Spanish wax of a seal of fr. Giuseppe Mancini (†1855), Archbishop of Siena (1824-1855).The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed in 1829 by fr. Giuseppe Mancini.

The document describes the relic in Italian as follows:

Giuseppe Mancini
by the grace of God, and of the Holy Apostolic See
Archbishop of Siena  Domestic Prelate of his Holiness and assistant to the papal throne

We publicly acknowledge with our present letters for the greater glory of God and veneration of his saints, having recognized the following sacred relics, namely: a tooth and a bone of a finger of Saint Abundius priest, monk, and Martyr ... We placed ... extracted from authentic places, in a glass-fronted silvered brass case of oval oblong shape and housed in a silver-plated papier-mache reliquary in [the shape of] an arm. 

  • ID# 184-RSCR-2
  • Size 17 3/4 in (45 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1829
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Silvered and gilt papier-mache reliquary, silvered brass theca
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with relics of St Pantaleon, (Panteleimon), Greatmartyr and Unmercenary Healer

Opulent 18th century Baroque reliquary monstrance of gilt wood housing very significant and historically important relic of ​the Saint Pantaleon, Greatmartyr and Unmercenary HealerThe relic in displayed in an oval grass-fronted cavity located in the center the monstrance and identified on a fancy-cut paper cedula label as  S. Pantaleo. Mart  (Saint Panteleon, Martyr). On the back, the cavity is secured by two seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francisco Maria de Vecchi, the Apostolic Protonotary and the General Vicar to Fr. Giuseppe Maria Saporiti, Archbishop of Genoa (1746-1767). Fit for a large place of public veneration. 

  • ID# 141-RSCR-9
  • Size Reliquary: 38 cm / 15 inches high, relic - 35 mm long
  • Age ca. 18th century, Genoa, Italy
  • Materials gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary theca with relics of St Valentine of Rome, Patron of the Courtly Love

Attractive large oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing significant and important relic of Saint Valentine of Rome, Bishop and Martyr. Very large (3 cm or 1  1/4 inches long) first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic is affixed on a background richly decorated with gilt paper and silk flowers and identified in a fancy cut paper cedula label as Ex Oss S. Valentini Mart. (Of the bone of Saint Valentine, Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Cardinal Bernardino (†1807), the Archbishop of Senigallia and an important official of the Vatican Curia. 

  • ID# 196-RSCR-12
  • Size 160 x 130 mm (6 1/4 x 5 1/4 in)
  • Age ca. 1790s
  • Origin Italy
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary frame with large relics of 3 Martyrs - St Placidus, St Clarus, & St Cesarius

Large glass-fronted shadowbox reliquary frame housing very large and historically important ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of three Martyr saints: Saint Placidus of Messina, Saint Clarus the Hermit, and Saint Cesarius of Africa. The relics - substantial identifiable parts of the bones - are affixed vertically on a flowered silk background and surrounded by opulent golden paperole ornamentation. They are identified on hand written cedula labels affixed across of each relic. The front glass is secured on four courners with seals of red wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of a Catholic bishop. Suitable for veneration at a large public facility.

  • ID# 94-RSCR-12
  • Size 18 1/2 x 15 1/2 in (47 x 39 cm)
  • Age ca. 18th century, Italy
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with xlarge relic of Saint Fructuosus, Bishop & Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a tall obelisk of veneered ebony wood with front and side glass windows, standing on a rectangular base and topped with a gilt brass finial in the form of a cross and crossed palm branches, traditionally denoting a holy martyr. Inside the reliquary contains historically significant relic of the ex ossibus (from the bone) from partem cruris (part of the leg) of the early Christian martyr Saint Fructuosus of Tarragona,positioned vertically and identified on a manuscript cedula label. On the back, the reliquary is sealed by a double impression in red Spanish waxof a seal of the Siena cathedral.The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed in 1714 by fr. Horatius Piccolomini Arragona, interim Archbishop of Siena. The document describes the relic in Latin as follows:

"To each and all we pledge our good faith, and we testify that today, for the greater glory of God and the veneration of his saints, this holy reliquary of Martyr in Christ is declared to be part of the leg of Saint Fructuosus Martyr, dug up from the Lucina Cemetery of the Holy Family in Rome by brother Pierre Lambert Ledrou, († 1721), Order of Hermits of Saint Augustine, Bishop of Porphyrion [1692 - 1721] and the Prefect of the Apostolic Shrine in the days leading up to 24 July, 1701. Given as a gift to Mother Superior Maria Monica Viciolomini, of the Convent of the Holy Family of the order of St. Benedict in the venerable monastery of the Blessed Virgin Mary of this town of Tressa [present name Ponte a Tressa]."

  • ID# 182-RSCR-135
  • Size 19 1/4 in (49 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1714
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with xlarge relic of Saint Crescentius of Rome, Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a tall obelisk of painted wood with front and side glass windows, standing on a rectangular base and topped with a gilt wood finial in the form of a cross and crossed palm branches, traditionally denoting a holy martyr. Inside, the reliquary contains historically significant relic of ex ossibus (from the bone) from magna parte cruris (significant part of the leg) of the early Christian martyr Saint Crescentius of Rome, positioned vertically and identified on a manuscript cedula label and decorated with silk flowers. On the back, the reliquary is secured with a silk ribbon held by two red Spanish wax with an impression of a seal of Monsignor Alessandro Zondadari (†1744), Archbishop of Siena (1715-1744).The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed by fr. Zondadari in 1719. 

The document describes the relic in Latin as follows:

"To all and each reading these letterswe, the undersigned, make a pledge and attest that, seeing as they were exhibited to us in person ... and having been recognized in the New Curia with their own and authentic documents assented to in the archives of the same Curia, clearly a large part of the leg of Saint Crescentius Martyr, today we, for the greater glory of God and the veneration of his saints, have placed  into ... a wooden reliquary, black in color, in the shape of a small pyramid; protected  by glass panels and a gilded coronet and inside decorated with little flowers; a reliquary which on its own [back side] is tied with a whitesilk ribbon securing the joint of the wood with a double impression of the same seal in Spanish wax."

  • ID# 183-RSCR-135
  • Size 19 1/4 in (49 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1719
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary with relic of Saint Benedicta (Benedetta) of Rome, Virgin Martyr

Large oval glass fronted parcel guilt wood reliquary housing historically important bone relic of Saint Benedicta, Virgin and Martyr. The relic, over 150 mm in length, is affixed to the background of red silk and titled on an intricately cut cedula as S. Benedictae Mar[tirus]. The protection seals on the back are missing and there is no indication that the reliquary was originally sealed. 

  • ID# 96-RSCR-55
  • Size 23 x 17.5 cm (9 x 7 in)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary with relic of Saint Honestus, Martyr

Oval glass fronted parcel guilt wood reliquary housing historically important bone relic of Saint Honestus, martyr. The relic, over 145 mm in length,  is affixed to the background of red silk and titled on an intricately cut cedula as S. Honesti Mar[tirus].

  • ID# 95-RSCR-55
  • Size 22 cm x 17 cm (9 x 7 in)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with a relic of Saint Christopher, Patron of Travelers

Late 18th-century oval silver glass-fronted reliquary theca decorated on the outside by filigree ornamentation and housing first-class ex carne (of the body) relic of Saint Christopher of Lycia. The relic is affixed to a golden paper starburst on red silk background decorated with a silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedula label as Ex Carne / S. Christopheris (From the flesh of Christopher). On the back, the theca is secured with the perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Antonio Aloysius Schiafino. the Vicar General to Fr. Giovanni Lercari the Archbishop of Genoa (p. 1767–1802). 

  • ID# 20-RSMBR-7
  • Size 65 x 58 mm (2 1/2 in x 2 1/4 in)
  • Age ca. 1795
  • Origin Genoa, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Large fancy theca with first class relics of Unmercenary Healer Saint Pantaleon (Panteleimon), the Greatmartyr

Large oval silver glass-fronted theca housing first class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Unmercenary Healer and Greatmartyr Saint Pantaleon (Panteleimon). The relic is mounted on the background of gold silk and surrounded by hand painted floral ornamentation. It is identified on a paper cedula  as  Ex Oss[isbus] .S.Pantaleonis M. Mar. (Saint Pantaleon, Medic, Martyr).  The back of the theca is decorated with a chased depiction of Arma Christiuthenticated on the back with red wax seal of Fr. Giovanni Luca Solari, Bishop of Brugnato, Italy  (p. 1792-1810).

  • ID# 114-LCR-1
  • Size 75 x 65 mm
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Materials Silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Saint Paraskevi of Iconium, Patron of the Holy Matrimony

Saint Paraskevi of Iconium (also known as Paraskeva Pyatnitsa) is venerated as a Christian virgin martyr. Her parents were Christian, and Paraskevi was named as such (the name means “Friday” in Greek) because she was baptized on a Friday and because Friday was the day of Christ's Passion. She became a preacher, and according to tradition, converted Emperor Antoninus Pius to Christianity, but, subsequently martyred at Iconium during the persecutions of Diocletian. Saint Paraskevi-Pyatnitsa developed a personality and functions of her own on the Russian soil. She is traditionally depicted as an ascetic figure wearing the red of martyrdom.

Paraskevi is depicted holding an Eastern cross in one hand and a scroll with the words from the Nicene Creed professing her faith in another while being crowned with the crown of Martyrdom by two angels. In Russia, Paraskeva-Pyatnitsa is the Holy patroness of traders and fairs, and of the Holy Matrimony.

  • ID# 533-RSHG-125
  • Size 12 x 10 in (30 x 25 cm)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Materials Egg tempera and gilding on gessoed wood
  • Price $3,750
  • Orthodox Cross

Pair of thecae with relics of 4 Martyr saints: St Benignus of Dijon, St Justine of Padua, St Crescentia & St Fructuosus of Tarragona

A matching pair of oval silver glass-fronted reliquary thecae, containing first class ex ossibus relics of relics of four martyr saints: Saint Benignus of DijonSaint Justine of PaduaSaint Crescentia, and Saint Fructuosus of Tarragona. The relics are affixed to a red silk background and is titled on a paper cedula as S.Benigni M / S. Iustina M. and S. Crescenti M. / S. Fructuosi M. Back of the thecae are secured by perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax with coat of arms of Luigi Fransoni († 1862) Archbishop of Turin (1832-1862). The thecae are housed in original tooled leather green silk lined case.

  • ID# 15/16-DDCR125-2 *
  • Size 38 x 32 mm
  • Age ca. 1850's, Italy
  • Price $2,500

Russian Icon - 3 Saints: Martyrs Mary, Alexander & Alexandra

The icon is depicting theree Christian Martyrs - St. Mary Virgin, St. Alexander of Rome, and St. Queen Alexandra. The iscription on the back dated 1912 indicates a gift from the nuns to their mother superior. 

  • ID# 160-009-176-SP7-7
  • Size 13 3/4 x 12 1/4 in (35 x 31 cm)
  • Age ca. 1910s
  • Materials Egg tempera on gilt, tooled and gessoed wood
  • Price $2,250
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - St. Theodora Martyr and St. Gabriel the Archangel

St. Theodora Martyr and St. Gabriel the Archangel are depicted full figured standing under the miracleworking icon of Our Lady of Kazan.

  • ID# 220-095-097-SP6-115
  • Size 17 3/4 x 14 1/4 in (45 x 36)
  • Age ca. 1900
  • Materials Oil on gessoed wood
  • Price $1,000
  • Orthodox Cross

Frame Reliquary with relics of 4 Female Martyr Saints: St Justina, St Pacifica, St Simplicity & St Victoria

18th-century glass-fronted gilt wood frame reliquary housing significant relics of four early female martyr saints: Saint Justina, Saint Pacifica, Saint Simplicity, and Saint Victoria. The relics are wrapped in gauze fabric and affixed to background covered with an opulent decoration in gilt and silver wire and centered around a relief image of the Virgin and Child. Each of the relics is identified in Latin on a separate paper cedula label. On the back, the reliquary is secured by a vertical silk cord held in place by two seals of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of an unidentified Roman Catholic Bishop. 

  • ID# 43-RSCRM-5
  • Size 12 1/2 x 10 3/4 in (32 x 27 cm)
  • Age ca. late 18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of Saint Margaret of Antioch, (Saint Marina, the Great Martyr)

Oval glass-fronted silvered brass reliquary theca housing first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Margaret of Antioch, Martyr. The relics are affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by twisted silver wire ornamentation and identified on a bi-color cedula label as S. Margar. V. M.  (Saint Margaret , Virgin and Martyr). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Bonaventura Gazzola O.F.M. Ref. (†), Bishop of Cervia and Apostolic Administrator of Corneto. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by fr. Gazzola in 1819. 

  • ID# 101-RSABR-75
  • Size 25 x 22 mm
  • Age ca. 1819
  • Materials silvered brass
  • Price $3,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Large reliquary theca with relics of the Holy Great-Martyress Saint Irene of Macedonia

Large oval glass-fronted brass theca housing very large (30 mm!) ex ossibus (of the bone) first-class relic of the Holy Great-Martyress Irene of Macedonia.The relic is affixed to a background of red silk surrounded by paperole ornamentation and titled on cedula cartouche as S. Irenes V. M. (Saint Irene, Virgin & Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with a partially preserved red wax seal with a coat of arms of a Catholic bishop.

  • ID# 65-RSABR-75
  • Size 80 x 65 mm
  • Age ca. 18-19th century
  • Price $3,700
  • Orthodox Cross

Theca with first class ex ossibus relic of Unmercenary Healer and Greatmartyr Saint Pantaleon (Panteleimon)

Oval silver glass-fronted theca housing first class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Unmercenary Healer and Greatmartyr Saint Pantaleon (Panteleimon). The relic is mounted on a gold foil burst on the background of red silk and surrounded by twisted wire ornamentation. It is identified with fancy cut  paper cedula inscribed as Ex Oss(ibus) S. Pantaleonis Mart.[yr] Authenticated on the back with red wax seal of Fr. Francesco Gaetano Incontri, Archbishop of Florence (p. 1741-1781).

  • ID# 126-LCR-6
  • Size 45 x 37 mm
  • Age ca. mid-18th century, Florence, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $2,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary theca with relics of 4 Martyr Saints: St Justin, St Liberates, ​St Venerandus, and St Valentine of Rome

Oval  glass-fronted brass theca housing very large first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of four Martyr saints: Saint Justin, Martyr;  Saint Liberates, ​Martyr; Saint Venerandus, Martyr; and Saint Valentine of Rome, MartyrThe relics are housed in comparnments made of golden paperole ornamentation and titled on cedulae labels.  On the back, the theca is secured with a red wax seal with a coat of arms of a Catholic bishop. 

  • ID# 70-RSABR-75
  • Size 60 x 45 mm
  • Age ca. 18th century, Italy
  • Price $2,750
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St. Lucia (Lucy) Martyr of Syracuse, Patron of the Blind and Writers

18th century ovel glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Lucia of Syracuse. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Luciae V. M. (Sant Lucia, Virgin & Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of dark red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Placido Pezzancheri († 1757), Bishop of Tivoli (1728-1757). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand-signed by Fr. Pezzancheri in 1757. 

  • ID# 174-RSCR-2
  • Size 28 x 24 mm
  • Age ca. 1757
  • Origin Tivoli, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,800
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St. Emygdius, Martyr, Miracleworker invoked against earthquakes

Early 19th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Emygdius, Martyr. The relic is affixed to a blue silk background and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Emidy E. M. (Saint Emygdius, Bishop and Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giovanni Francesco Capelletti (†1831), Bishop of Ascoli Piceno (1806-1831). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Capelletti in 1817. 

  • ID# 152-RSCR-2
  • Size 24 x 22 mm
  • Age ca. 1817
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,700
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Pair of documented reliquary thecae with relics of Martyrs - St. Telianus (Teilo) and St. Egei

Two identical oval glass-fronted brass reliquary thecae housing substantial first-class ex ossibus relics of Saint Martyrs Telianus and EgeiThe relics are affixed to red silk background and identified on an arch-shaped manuscript cedula as S. Teliani M. and S. Egei M.. On the back, the thecas are secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). They are accompanied by a single original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Borghese in 1786. 

  • ID# 171-RSCR-2
  • Size 32 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1786
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials brass
  • Price $1,350
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Saint Martyr Christoper

Saint Christopher, his name meaning "Christ-bearer",  is venerated by several Christian denominations as a martyr killed in the reign of the 3rd-century Roman Emperor Decius According to the Christian tradition, he carried a child, who was unknown to him, across a river before the child revealed himself as Christ. Therefore, he is the patron saint of travelers, and small images of him are often worn around the neck, on a bracelet, carried in a pocket, or placed in vehicles by Christians. The Eastern Orthodox Church venerates Christopher of Lycea with a Feast Day on May 9. The liturgical reading and hymns refer to his imprisonment by Decius who tempts Christopher with harlots before ordering his beheading.

  • ID# 66-015-117-L60i4-150
  • Size 13 3/4 in x 11 in (35 cm x 28 cm)
  • Age ca. 1870, Provincial
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $1,100

Russian icon - Saint Martyr Blaise, Bishop of Sebastea

Saint Blaise, also known as Saint Blase, was a physician, and bishop of Sebastea in historical Armenia. Patron of Animals, builders, choking, veterinarians, throats, infants, Maratea, Italy, Sicily, Dalmatia, Dubrovnik, Ciudad del Este, Paraguay, Rubiera, stonecutters, carvers, and wool workers.

  • ID# 57-015-044-L60i4-90
  • Size 11 3/4 in x 9 3/4 in (35 cm x 28 cm)
  • Age ca. 1880s, Academic school
  • Materials Oil on gessoed wood
  • Price $900
New Arrival
Reliquary theca with relics of 9 Saints: St. Fabian; St. Lucia; St. Appolonia; St. Modestus St. Bibiana; St. Simplicius, Pope; St. Theresa, St. Monica; & St. Venantius

Reliquary theca with relics of 9 Saints: St. Fabian; St. Lucia; St. Appolonia; St. Modestus St. Bibiana; St. Simplicius, Pope; St. Theresa, St. Monica; & St. Venantius

Large oval glass-fronted theca housing substantial first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of 9 Christian saints: St. Fabian, Pope; St. Lucia, Virgin; St. Appolonia, Virgin Martyr; St. Modestus of Jerusalem, Martyr; St. Bibiana, Virgin Martyr; St. Simplicius, Pope; St. Theresa of Avila, St. Monica of Hippo; and St. Venantius of Camerino. The relics are  affixed to a paper background and identified in Latin on a paper cedulae labels.  On the back, the theca is secured with a red wax seal with an imprint of Cardinal Antonio Gabriele Severoli (†1824) Bishop of Fano (1787-1801). 

  • ID# 116-RSABR-1
  • Size 80 x 68 mm
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Origin Italy
  • Price $700

Theca with first-class relics of St Adrian of Nicomedia, Soldier & Martyr

Oval glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Saint Adrian of Nicomedia. The relics are affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by gilt paperolles and twisted silver wire ornamentation and identified on a paper cedula label as S. Adriani M. (Saint Adrian, Martyr)On the back, the theca is secured by a seal of red wax with a faint imprint of a coat of arms of a Catholic bishop.

  • ID# 95-RSABR-25
  • Size 27 x 30 mm
  • Age ca. early 19th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $675
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross
New Arrival
Reliquary with relics of St. Christopher, St. Bacchus, St. Reparata & Other Saints

Reliquary with relics of St. Christopher, St. Bacchus, St. Reparata & Other Saints

Upper part of a ca. 18th century glass-fronted monstrance of gilt wood housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of St. Christopher of Lycea, Martyr,  St. Bacchus, Martyr, St. Reparata Virgin Martyr, and relics of several unidentfied saints. The relics are  affixed to a paper background and identified in Latin on a paper cedulae labels.  On the back, the theca is secured with a red wax seal with an a faint imprint of a coat of arms of a Roman Catholic Bishop.

  • ID# 115-RSABR-1
  • Size 125 x 110 mm
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Price $600

Theca with relics of 2 Martyr Priests - St Concordius of Spoleto & St Natalius of Milan

Oval glass-fronted reliquary theca housing relics of 2 Martyr Priests: Saint Concordius of Spoleto and Saint Natalis of Milan. The relics are affixed to a fancy paper background and identified on a paper cedula label in as S. Concordii Presb. / S Natalis M. (Saint Concordius, Priest, Saint Natalis, Martyr). On the back, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a faint imprint of an unidentified Roman Catholic Bishop.

  • ID# 105-RSABR-25
  • Size 28 x 25 mm
  • Age ca. 19th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Price $575

Reliquary theca with relics of St Maria Goretti, Virgin & Martyr

Mid-20th century round glass-fronted brass theca housing first class ex corpore (of the body) relic of Saint Maria Goretti. On the back, under protective cap, the theca is secured by a red seal with a coat of arms of the Passionists Order.

  • ID# 12-RSMIR-15
  • Size 33 mm across
  • Age ca. 1950s
  • Origin Italy
  • Price $475

Small Russian brass plaquette depicting Miracle of Saint George Slaying the Dragon

Small brass icons depicting Saint George the Victorybearer were traditionally given to men leaving to served in armed forces or fight the enemy invading the Russian land

  • ID# 14237L60i2-1
  • Size 5 cm x 6 cm (2 in x 2 1/3 in)
  • Age ca. 19th century Central Russia
  • Materials brass
  • Price $195

The web site showing only a sample of our entire inventory, if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us.

guarantee seal

Learn about our Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee and No Questions Asked 30-day return policy.