fbpx

small head 4

Home>>Curated Collections>>Christian Martyrs, Heroes of the Faith Collection

Christian Martyrs, Heroes of the Faith Collection

" ... [we] took his bones which are more valuable than precious stones and finer than refined gold, and laid them in a suitable place where the Lord will premit us to gather ourselves together in gladness and joy and to celebrate the birthday of his martyrdom."

(A disciple's account of preservation of relics of Saint Martyr Polycarp written shortly after he was burned at the stake in the year of 156 or 157, which is the earliest record of honor paid to relics of a Holy Christian Martyr.)

Reliquary monstrance with large relics of Saint Martyr Cyriacus, Bishop of Jerusalem

Opulent 17-th century reliquary in a form of a chest of gilt and painted wood with frontal openings and internal vitrine of glass housing very large and historically significant ex ossibus (bone) relics of Saint Cyriacus, Martyr & Bishop of Jerusalem. The relics are identified on a manuscript paper cedula label as S. Corpus S. Ciriaci Epi. et Martire (from the holy body of Saint Cyriac, Bishop and Martyr). The reliquary is recertified in the 19th century with red ribbon secured by seals of red Spanish wax with imprints of a coat of arms of Cardinal Lorenzo Litta  (†), the Vicar General of Rome (1818-1820).

  • ID# 27-RSMBR-23
  • Size 11 x 9 x 5 in (28 x 23 x 13 cm)
  • Age ca. 17th century, re-certified in 19th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials Gilt wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Spectacular Silver Reliquary Monstrance with a Large Relic of St. Theodore of Amasea (Tyron), the Great Martyr

Extremely rare  mid-19th-century ornate silver reliquary monstrance housing large and important relics Saint Theodore of Amasea. The relics are arranged on the background of red silk and surrounded by gilt paper ornamentation and identified on two typeset paper cedulae labels as S. Theodorae A.M. (Saint Theodore of Amasea, Martyr). On the back, the monstrance is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Monsignor Jean-Marie Mioland, the Archbishop of Toulouse (1849-1859). On the base, the reliquary is stamped with a sterling silver hallmark of France and a maker's mark of Jean Baptiste Carnier (ca. 1850).

  • ID# 17-RSSR-18
  • Size 15 inches (38 cm)
  • Age ca. 1850
  • Origin Toulise, France
  • Materials silver, glass, silk
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary with relics of Saints Cosmas & Damian, Unmercenary Healers, Patrons of Doctors

18th-century angel-form reliquary made of painted and gilded wood with front glass panel housing significant first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of two Unmercenary healers: Saints Cosmas and Damian. The relics are affixed to a red silk background and identified on paper cedulae labels as S. Cosmae Mart. / S Damiani Mart. (Saint Cosmas Martyr / Saint Damian Martyr). On the back, the reliquary is protected by a crisscrossed silk ribbon held in place by four seals of red Spanish wax with clear imprints of a coat of arms of an unidentified Catholic Bishop. The reliquary has damage on the left side where the arm is partially missing. 

  • ID# 206-RSCR-2
  • Size 16 1/2 in (42 cm high)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary Bust with Relics of St. John the Warrior, Martyr

ca. 1600 life-size bust-form reliquary made of painted wood housing very large historically important first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint John the Warrior. The relic is affixed inside of an oval glass-fronted opening and identified on paper cedula label in as S. Ioanis M. (Saint John, Martyr). The saint's name is also inscribed on the base of the bust. The saint is depicted wearing the unique helmet that was made for Guidobaldo II, Duke of Urbino, indicating that the reliquary most likely came from the church in Fossombrone, Italy built around 1609 by Francesco Maria II della Rovere, the last Duke of Urbino and son of Guidobaldo II.

  • ID# 203-RSCR-3
  • Size 22 in (56 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1600
  • Origin Fossombrone, Italy
  • Materials wood, glass
  • Price SOLD!
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented arm reliquary with important relics of Saint Abundius, Miracleworker, Deacon & Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a realistically rendered arm with blessing fingers made of silvered and gilt papier-maché containing, in the mid-section cavity, a removable oval glass-fronted silvered brass theca with two historically significant first-class relics of an early Christian martyr Saint Abundius of Rome, identified on a manuscript cedula label as of the dens  (tooth) and digiti iunctura (part of a finger).  On the back, the theca is secured by an impression in red Spanish wax of a seal of fr. Giuseppe Mancini (†1855), Archbishop of Siena (1824-1855).The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issued and hand-signed in 1829 by Fr. Giuseppe Mancini.

The document describes the relic in Italian as follows:

Giuseppe Mancini
by the grace of God, and of the Holy Apostolic See
Archbishop of Siena  Domestic Prelate of His Holiness and assistant to the papal throne

We publicly acknowledge with our present letters for the greater glory of God and veneration of his saints, having recognized the following sacred relics, namely: a tooth and a bone of a finger of Saint Abundius priest, monk, and Martyr ... We placed ... extracted from authentic places, in a glass-fronted silvered brass case of oval oblong shape and housed in a silver-plated papier-mache reliquary in [the shape of] an arm. 

  • ID# 184-RSCR-2
  • Size 17 3/4 in (45 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1829
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Silvered and gilt papier-mache reliquary, silvered brass theca
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with large relic of Saint George, Martyr of Lydda

Elegant Mid-19th century architectural Neo-Gothic reliquary monstrance of parcel gilt wood housing significant and important first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of ​the Saint George, Martyr of LyddaThe relic is housed in a  grass-fronted reliquary urn placed on the lower part of the monstrance. It is identified on a fancy-cut paper cedula label as  S. Georgii, Mil. M  (Saint George, Soldier, Martyr). On the sides, the urn is secured by two seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Gennaro Pasca (†1855), Bishop  of Nola (1828-1855). Suitable for public veneration. 

  • ID# 148-RSCR-2
  • Size Monstrance - 15 in (38 cm) high, Reliquary urn - 5 1/2 in (17 cm) high
  • Age ca. mid -19th century
  • Origin Naples, Italy
  • Materials Gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary theca with relics of St Valentine of Rome, Patron of the Courtly Love

Attractive large oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing significant and important relic of Saint Valentine of Rome, Bishop and Martyr. Very large (3 cm or 1  1/4 inches long) first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic is affixed on a background richly decorated with gilt paper and silk flowers and identified in a fancy cut paper cedula label as Ex Oss S. Valentini Mart. (Of the bone of Saint Valentine, Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Cardinal Bernardino (†1807), the Archbishop of Senigallia and an important official of the Vatican Curia. 

  • ID# 196-RSCR-12
  • Size 160 x 130 mm (6 1/4 x 5 1/4 in)
  • Age ca. 1790s
  • Origin Italy
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - the Severed Head of St. John the Baptist in gilt silver cover

Spectacular Russian Orthodox icon depicting the Severed Head of St. John the Baptist resting on a platter. An 18th-century central panel was embellished in 1803 by adding borders depicting parents of St. John the Baptist - St. Zechariah and St. Elisabeth and by covering the icon in an elaborate gilt silver cover with the halo further decorated with glass crystals. The inscription on the bottom part of the icon is the Orthodox hymn sung during liturgy dedicated to the Beheading of St. John. The icon's cover is stamped with a hallmark of a silversmith Yegor Antipiev in Moscow and 1803 date. 

  • ID# 09-RSMI-3
  • Size 13 1/2 x 11 in (34 x 28 cm)
  • Age Central panel - 18th century, borders and metal cover - ca. 1803
  • Origin Moscow, Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera and gilding on gessoed wood in gilt silver revetment cover
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Spectacular theca with relics of 4 Franciscan Martyr Saints of China & Vietnam: St. Gabriel Taurin Dufresse, St. Ignatius Delgado, St. François-Régis Clet & St. Giovanni of Triora 中華殉道聖人

Spectacular silver glass-fronted reliquary decorated with intricate filigree wire ornamentation and housing significant first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of four Franciscan Martyr Saints of China and Vietnam: Saint Gabriel Taurin Dufresse, Saint Ignatius Delgado y Cebrian,  Saint François-Régis Clet, and Saint John of Triora Substantial relics are affixed to the background of red silk surrounded by gilt wire and natural pearl ornamentation and identified on separate paper cedulae labels. On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of the Franciscan Order. The reliquary was most likely made shortly after the beatification of the Saints in 1900.

  • ID# 05-RSCR-12
  • Size 6 1/2 in x 4 3/4 in (16 x 12 cm)
  • Age ca. 1900
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials Silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver

Spectacular Reliquary with relics of China / Vietnam Catholic Martyr Saints: St. Louis Gabriel Taurin Dufresse, St. François-Régis Clet, St. John of Triora & St. Ignatius Delgado. 中華殉道聖人 Các Thánh Tử đạo Việt Nam

An opulent and massive solid silver-faced Baroque reliquary housing substantial and historically-important ex ossibus (of the bone) pre-canonization relics of four Catholic Martyr Saints of China and Vietnam: St. Louis Gabriel Taurin Dufresse, St. François-Régis Clet, St. John of Triora, and St. Ignatius Delgado, all Beautified by Pope Leo XIII on May 27, 1900. The reliquary was sealed around the time of the Beatification by the Society of Foreign Missions of Paris and distributed by the Vatican's Papal office of the Congregation for Saints’ Causes.  The relics are affixed to a background of red silk and surrounded by paperolle, silk thread, and imitation pearl decoration, identified on the typeset cedula labels as B. L. Gabr. Dufresse E. M. Sem. Miss. Ext. (the Blessed Louis Gabriel Dufresse Bishop & Martyr, Society of Foreign Missions) / B. Francisci Clet M. Cong. Miss. (the Blessed Francis Regis Clet, Martyr, Congregation of the Mission) / B. Ioan, a Triora M. Ord. Min. (the Blessed John da Triora, Martyr, Order of Friars Minor) / B. Ign. Delgado E. M. Ord. Praed. (the Blessed Ignacio Delgado, Bishop & Martyr, Dominican Order).  On the back, under a protective cap, the reliquary is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of the Postulator General of the Society of Foreign Missions of Paris (Société des Missions étrangères de Paris, short M.E.P.), a Roman Catholic missionary organization of secular priests and laypersons dedicated to missionary work in foreign lands. On the front, the crystal-fronted reliquary opening is surmounted by a coat of arms of Pope Leo XIII (p. 1878-1903) and decorated below with a shield engraved with Latin inscription: EX OSSIBVS / MARTYRVM LXXVII / SINEN. TVNQVINEN COCHINCHINEN / QVIBVS LEO PAPA XIII / ANNO IVBILAEI MCM / BEATORVM HONORES / DECREVIT. ("Of the Bones of 77 Martyrs of China and Cocochina (Vietnam), whom Pope Leo XIII declared as the Beatified in the jubilee year of 1900."). The reliquary comes in its original silk-lined fitted case embellished on the outer lid with a gilt coat of arms of Pope Leo XIII.  

  • ID# 13-RSCBR-3
  • Size 11 1/2 in x 8 1/4 in (29 x 21 cm)
  • Age ca. 1900
  • Origin France
  • Materials silver, brass, crystal, silk
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver

Reliquary Bust with Relics of St. Gelasius of Fossombrone, Soldier & Martyr

ca. 1600 life-size bust-form reliquary made of painted wood housing very large historically important first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Gelasius of Fossombrone. The relic is affixed inside of an oval glass-fronted opening and identified on paper cedula label in as S.Gelasi a. 4 Febrarii (Saint Gelasius venerated February 4). The saint's name is also inscribed on the base of the bust. The reliquary most likely came from the church in Fossombrone, Italy built around 1609 by Francesco Maria II della Rovere, the last Duke of Urbino.

  • ID# 204-RSCR-3
  • Size 20 in (52 cm)
  • Age ca. 1600
  • Origin Fossombrone, Italy
  • Materials wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Saint Paraskevi of Iconium, Patron of the Holy Matrimony

Saint Paraskevi of Iconium (also known as Paraskeva Pyatnitsa) is venerated as a Christian virgin martyr. Her parents were Christian, and Paraskevi was named as such (the name means “Friday” in Greek) because she was baptized on a Friday and because Friday was the day of Christ's Passion. She became a preacher, and according to tradition, converted Emperor Antoninus Pius to Christianity, but, subsequently martyred at Iconium during the persecutions of Diocletian. Saint Paraskevi-Pyatnitsa developed a personality and functions of her own on Russian soil. She is traditionally depicted as an ascetic figure wearing the red of martyrdom.

Paraskevi is depicted holding an Eastern cross in one hand and a scroll with the words from the Nicene Creed professing her faith in another while being crowned with the crown of Martyrdom by two angels. In Russia, Paraskeva-Pyatnitsa is the Holy patroness of traders and fairs, and of the Holy Matrimony.

  • ID# 533-RSHG-125
  • Size 12 x 10 in (30 x 25 cm)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Materials Egg tempera and gilding on gessoed wood
  • Price $3,750
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - 3 Saints: Martyrs Mary, Alexander & Alexandra

The icon is depicting theree Christian Martyrs - St. Mary Virgin, St. Alexander of Rome, and St. Queen Alexandra. The iscription on the back dated 1912 indicates a gift from the nuns to their mother superior. 

  • ID# 160-009-176-SP7-7
  • Size 13 3/4 x 12 1/4 in (35 x 31 cm)
  • Age ca. 1910s
  • Materials Egg tempera on gilt, tooled and gessoed wood
  • Price $2,250
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - St. Theodora Martyr and St. Gabriel the Archangel

St. Theodora Martyr and St. Gabriel the Archangel are depicted full figured standing under the miracleworking icon of Our Lady of Kazan.

  • ID# 220-095-097-SP6-115
  • Size 17 3/4 x 14 1/4 in (45 x 36)
  • Age ca. 1900
  • Materials Oil on gessoed wood
  • Price $1,000
  • Orthodox Cross

17c Russian Icon - Miracle of St. George Slaying the Dragon

Ca. 1650-1700 Northern Russian Icon depicting the Miracle of St. George Slaying the Dragon.

  • ID# 59-81-SSI-35
  • Size 28 1/2 x 23 1/2 in. (72.8 x 59.6 cm)
  • Age ca. 1650-1700
  • Origin Northern Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian 17th Century Icon - Holy Martyr Paraskevi with Scenes of her Life and Martyrdom

A large vita icon of the Martyr St. Paraskevi of Iconium with scenes from her life, Central Russia, possibly Yaroslavl, ca. 1650-1675.

  • ID# 51-72-SSI-25
  • Size 34 1/2 x 27 1/4 in. (87 x 70 cm)
  • Age ca. 1650-1675
  • Origin Central Russia, possibly Yaroslavl
  • Materials egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Bust reliquary with large relic of St. Juliana of Nicomedia, Virgin & Martyr, Patron Saint of Sickness

A life-size bust-form reliquary dating to the 18th century made of gilt, silvered, and painted wood housing very large historically important first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Juliana of Nicomedia. The relic is affixed inside of an oval glass-fronted opening and identified on paper cedula label in as S. Julianae, Virg. et Mar. (Saint Juliana, Virgin and Martyr). On the back of the reliquary, the opening to access the relic cavity is protected by a red silk ribbon with three seals of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Cardinal Marcantonio Colonna (†1793), Archpriest of the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and Vicar General of the Roman Curia.

  • ID# 49-RSMB-13
  • Age ca. second half of the 18th century
  • Origin Rome, Italy
  • Materials Silvered, gilt, and painted wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary with relics of Saint Agatha, Virgin & Martyr of Sicily

18th-century human-form reliquary made of painted and gilded wood housing significant first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Agatha of Sicily. The relic is affixed inside of an oval glass-fronted opening and identified on paper cedula label in as S. Agathae V. M. (Saint Agatha, Virgin and Martyr). On the back, the reliquary is protected by two seals of red Spanish wax with clear imprints of a coat of arms of Father Francesco Saverio Cristiani O.E.S.A. (†1800), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and the Sacristan to the Holy See (1782 - 1800). 

  • ID# 205-RSCR-2
  • Size 47 cm (18 1/2 in)
  • Age ca. late 18th century, base is 19th century
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials Gilded wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary monstrance with relics of St Pantaleon, (Panteleimon), Greatmartyr and Unmercenary Healer

Opulent 18th century Baroque reliquary monstrance of gilt wood housing very significant and historically important relic of ​the Saint Pantaleon, Greatmartyr and Unmercenary HealerThe relic in displayed in an oval grass-fronted cavity located in the center the monstrance and identified on a fancy-cut paper cedula label as  S. Pantaleo. Mart  (Saint Panteleon, Martyr). On the back, the cavity is secured by two seals of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francisco Maria de Vecchi, the Apostolic Protonotary and the General Vicar to Fr. Giuseppe Maria Saporiti, Archbishop of Genoa (1746-1767). Fit for a large place of public veneration. 

  • ID# 141-RSCR-9
  • Size Reliquary: 38 cm / 15 inches high, relic - 35 mm long
  • Age ca. 18th century, Genoa, Italy
  • Materials gilt wood
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary frame with large relics of 3 Martyrs - St Placidus, St Clarus, & St Cesarius

Large glass-fronted shadowbox reliquary frame housing very large and historically important ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of three Martyr saints: Saint Placidus of Messina, Saint Clarus the Hermit, and Saint Cesarius of Africa. The relics - substantial identifiable parts of the bones - are affixed vertically on a flowered silk background and surrounded by opulent golden paperole ornamentation. They are identified on hand written cedula labels affixed across of each relic. The front glass is secured on four courners with seals of red wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of a Catholic bishop. Suitable for veneration at a large public facility.

  • ID# 94-RSCR-12
  • Size 18 1/2 x 15 1/2 in (47 x 39 cm)
  • Age ca. 18th century, Italy
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Bust reliquary with large relic of St. Paulina (Paolina) of Rome, Virgin & Martyr

A life-size bust-form reliquary dating to the 18th century made of silvered painted wood housing very large historically important first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Paulina. The relic is affixed inside of an oval glass-fronted opening and identified on paper cedula label in as S. Paulinae, Virg. Mar. (Saint Paulina, Virgin & Martyr). On the back of the reliquary, the opening to access the relic cavity is protected by a red silk ribbon with three seals of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Cardinal Marcantonio Colonna (†1793), Archpriest of the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and Vicar General of the Roman Curia.

  • ID# 48-RSMB-13
  • Age ca. second half of the 18th century
  • Origin Rome, Italy
  • Materials Silvered wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary Monstrance with relics of 2 Apostolic Fathers: St. Ignatius of Antioch & St. Polycarp of Smyrna

Spectacular gilt-bronze reliquary monstrance housing two thecae with scarce precious first-class relics of two Apostolic Fathers and Martyrs St. Ignace of Antioch and St. Polycarp of Smyrna. Sizable precious relics are placed inside of the reliquary monstrance in two sealed thecae and identified on a manuscript paper cedulae label as S. Polycarpe Ep. / S. Ignace A. Ep.   (Saint Polycarp, Bishop / Saint Ignatius of Antioch, Bishop). On the back, the thecae are secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Monsignor François-Marie-Benjamin Richard de la Vergne (†1908), the Archbishop of Paris (1886-1908).

  • ID# 20-RSSR-125
  • Size 16 1/2 inches (42 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1900
  • Origin Paris, France
  • Materials bronze, glass, silk, wax
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important reliquary with relic of Saint Benedicta (Benedetta) of Rome, Virgin Martyr

Large oval glass fronted parcel guilt wood reliquary housing historically important bone relic of Saint Benedicta, Virgin and Martyr. The relic, over 150 mm in length, is affixed to the background of red silk and titled on an intricately cut cedula as S. Benedictae Mar[tirus]. The protection seals on the back are missing and there is no indication that the reliquary was originally sealed. 

  • ID# 96-RSCR-55
  • Size 23 x 17.5 cm (9 x 7 in)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary Cabinet with Relics of 4 Martyrs: St. Celestine, St. Amandus of Novidunum, St. Firmus of Verona, & St. Defendente the Thebian

Ca. 1800’s pentagon-shaped reliquary cabinet in Baroque style decorated with gilding and containing behind the front glass panel substantial first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of four Christian Martyrs: St. Celestine, St. Amandus of Novidunum, St. Firmus of Verona, & St. Defendente the Theban. The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt silver wire ornamentation and silk flowers. They are identified in fancy manuscript cedulae labels and, again, on smaller labels affixed directly to the relics. On the back, the reliquary is secured by a braided red silk ribbon secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of a religious order. 

  • ID# 52-RSMB-12
  • Size 10 3/4 in x 9 3/4 in (27 x 25 cm)
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials Painted and gilt wood, glass, paper.
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Large Reliquary with Significant Skull Relic of Martyr Saint Fructuosus of Tarragona

Large horseshoe-shaped silvered brass crystal-fronted reliquary theca housing a precious ex cranio (of the skull) relic of Martyr Saint Fructuosus of Tarragona. A substantial (85 x 50 mm) relic is affixed to a dark red silk background decorated with imitation pearls and silver wire flowers. The precious relic is identified on a bi-color manuscript paper cedula label as St. Fructuosus M. (Saint Fructuosus, Martyr). On the back,  the theca is secured with a seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of an unknown Roman Catholic Bishop.

  • ID# 21-RSSR-135
  • Size 6 x 5 1/2 inches (16 x 14 cm)
  • Age ca. 19th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials silvered brass, crystal
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Frame Reliquary with relics of 4 Female Martyr Saints: St Justina, St Pacifica, St Simplicity & St Victoria

18th-century glass-fronted gilt wood frame reliquary housing significant relics of four early female martyr saints: Saint Justina, Saint Pacifica, Saint Simplicity, and Saint Victoria. The relics are wrapped in gauze fabric and affixed to background covered with an opulent decoration in gilt and silver wire and centered around a relief image of the Virgin and Child. Each of the relics is identified in Latin on a separate paper cedula label. On the back, the reliquary is secured by a vertical silk cord held in place by two seals of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of an unidentified Roman Catholic Bishop. 

  • ID# 43-RSCRM-5
  • Size 12 1/2 x 10 3/4 in (32 x 27 cm)
  • Age ca. late 18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

17th century Greek triptych of Holy Greatmartyr Demetrius of Thessaloniki with Archangels Michael & Gabriel

The triptych is executed on gold ground depicting in the central panel Holy Greatmartyr Demetrius on horseback dressed as a Roman soldier striking Satan underneath with walls of Thessaloniki behind them. The image is flanked on side panels by the full-figured depictions of Archangels Michael and Gabriel. The side panels close to a carved depiction of a double-headed Byzantine eagle. 

  • ID# 07-RSMIS-1
  • Size 12 x 10 1/2 in (30.5 x 26.5 cm)
  • Age ca. 17th century
  • Origin Greece
  • Materials Egg tempera on gilded and gessoed wood
  • Price $5,500
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary Cabinet with Relics of Blessed Francesco Lippi & 3 Martyrs: St. Fausta of Cyzicus, St. Generosus of Tivoli & St. Deodatus of Sora

Ca. 1800’s small reliquary cabinet in Baroque style surmounted with gilded palm leaves and containing, behind the front glass panel, substantial first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of the Blessed Francesco Lippi, O.C.O. surrounded by three Christian Martyrs: St. Fausta of Cyzicus, St. Generosus of Tivoli, & St. Deodatus of Sora. The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt silver wire ornamentation and silk flowers. They are identified in fancy manuscript cedulae labels and, again, on smaller labels affixed directly to the relics. On the back, the reliquary is secured by a red silk ribbon secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Antonio Martini (†1809), Archbishop of Florence (1781-1809). 

  • ID# 50-RSMB-9
  • Size 8 in x 7 in (20 x 17 cm)
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Origin Florence, Italy
  • Materials Painted and gilt wood, glass, paper.
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary Cabinet with Relics of 4 Martyrs: St. Justin, St. Vincent of Saragossa, St. Reparata, & Unnamed Martyr

Ca. 1800’s small reliquary cabinet in Baroque style surmounted with gilded palm leaves and housing, behind the front glass panel, substantial first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of four Christian Martyrs: St. Justin, St. Vincent of Saragossa, St. Reparata, & an Unnamed Martyr. The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt silver wire ornamentation and silk flowers. They are identified in fancy manuscript cedulae labels and, again, on smaller labels affixed directly to the relics. On the back, the reliquary is secured by a red silk ribbon secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Antonio Martini (†1809), Archbishop of Florence (1781-1809). 

  • ID# 51-RSMB-9
  • Size 8 in x 7 in (20 x 17 cm)
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Origin Florence, Italy
  • Materials Painted and gilt wood, glass, paper.
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

1793 Documented reliquary with relics of St. Stephen, the Protomartyr

Oval silver glass-fronted reliquary theca housing precious first-class relics of Saint Stephen, the Protomartyr. A substantial relic is affixed to a gilt paper starburst on red silk background decorated with silver wire ornamentation. The precious relic is identified on a fancy manuscript paper cedula label as S. Stephani Prot. (St. Stephen the Protomartyr). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a prefectly-preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francesco Saverio Cristiani O.E.S.A. († 1800), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon in a capacity of the Vicar General of the Roman Curia during the pontificate of Pope Pius VI (p. 1775-1799). The relic is accompanied by an original matching authentics document issued and signed by Fr. Cristiani in 1793.

  • ID# 209-RSCR-1
  • Size 37 x 39 mm
  • Age ca. 1793 dated
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver, glass
  • Price $4,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary theca with relics of 4 Martyr Saints: St Justin, St Liberates, ​St Venerandus, and St Valentine of Rome

Oval  glass-fronted brass theca housing very large first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of four Martyr saints: Saint Justin, Martyr;  Saint Liberates, ​Martyr; Saint Venerandus, Martyr; and Saint Valentine of Rome, MartyrThe relics are housed in comparnments made of golden paperole ornamentation and titled on cedulae labels.  On the back, the theca is secured with a red wax seal with a coat of arms of a Catholic bishop. 

  • ID# 70-RSABR-75
  • Size 60 x 45 mm
  • Age ca. 18th century, Italy
  • Price $2,750
  • Orthodox Cross

1744 Documented theca with relics of St. Lucia (Lucy) of Syracuse

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing precious first-class ex ossibus (from the bone) relic of St. Lucia. The relic is affixed to a gold silk background decorated with silver wire ornamentation and identified on a manuscript cedula label as S. Luciae V.M. (Saint Lucia, Virgin & Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly-preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Salvatore Castellino, the Vicar General of Genoa. The relic is accompanied by an original matching authentics document issued and signed by Fr. Castellino in 1744 under the orders of the Archbishop of Genoa Nicolò Maria de’ Franchi O.P. (†).

  • ID# 221-RSCR-85
  • Size 45 x 33 mm
  • Age ca. 1744
  • Origin Genoa, Italy
  • Materials silver, silk, glass
  • Price $2,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Pair of thecae with relics of 4 Martyr saints: St Benignus of Dijon, St Justine of Padua, St Crescentia & St Fructuosus of Tarragona

A matching pair of oval silver glass-fronted reliquary thecae, containing first class ex ossibus relics of relics of four martyr saints: Saint Benignus of DijonSaint Justine of PaduaSaint Crescentia, and Saint Fructuosus of Tarragona. The relics are affixed to a red silk background and is titled on a paper cedula as S.Benigni M / S. Iustina M. and S. Crescenti M. / S. Fructuosi M. Back of the thecae are secured by perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax with coat of arms of Luigi Fransoni († 1862) Archbishop of Turin (1832-1862). The thecae are housed in original tooled leather green silk lined case.

  • ID# 15/16-DDCR125-2 *
  • Size 38 x 32 mm
  • Age ca. 1850's, Italy
  • Price $2,500

Documented theca with relics of St Blaise (Blase) Martyr of Sebastia, Patron of Animals

Oval silvered metal glass-fronted reliquary theca housing precious first-class ex ossibus relics of Saint Blaise, Bishop and Martyr of Sebastia. Precious relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt paperolle and silver wire ornamentation. The relic is identified on a manuscript paper cedula label as S. Blasii Ep. et M. (St. Blaise, Bishop and Martyr). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Francesco Magani (†1907), Bishop of Parma. The relic is accompanied by an original matching authentics document issued and signed by Fr. Magani in 1901.

  • ID# 44-RSMB-6
  • Size 28 x 24 mm
  • Age ca. 1901
  • Origin Parma, Italy
  • Materials silvered metal, glass, silk, paper
  • Price $2,250
  • Orthodox Cross

Spectacular theca with first-class relic of St. Philomena, Martyr & Holy Patron of Children

Spectacular silver glass-fronted reliquary decorated with opulent floral ornamentation surmounted by the Holy Spirit depicted as a soaring dove, housing significant first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Philomena.  The relic is affixed to the background of red silk decorated with silver wire ornamentation and identified on a paper cedula labels as Ex Ossibus / S. Filomenae V.M.. (of the bone of St. Philomena, Virgin & Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing a faint imprint with a coat of arms of an unidentified Catholic Bishop.

  • ID# 43-RSMB-6
  • Size 107 x 87 mm
  • Age ca. early 19th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials silver, glass, silk
  • Price (RESERVED)
  • Silver

Pair of documented reliquary thecae with relics of Martyrs - St. Telianus (Teilo) and St. Egei

Two identical oval glass-fronted brass reliquary thecae housing substantial first-class ex ossibus relics of Saint Martyrs Telianus and EgeiThe relics are affixed to red silk background and identified on an arch-shaped manuscript cedula as S. Teliani M. and S. Egei M.. On the back, the thecas are secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). They are accompanied by a single original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Borghese in 1786. 

  • ID# 171-RSCR-2
  • Size 32 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1786
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials brass
  • Price $1,350
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Saint Martyr Christoper

Saint Christopher, his name meaning "Christ-bearer",  is venerated by several Christian denominations as a martyr killed in the reign of the 3rd-century Roman Emperor Decius According to the Christian tradition, he carried a child, who was unknown to him, across a river before the child revealed himself as Christ. Therefore, he is the patron saint of travelers, and small images of him are often worn around the neck, on a bracelet, carried in a pocket, or placed in vehicles by Christians. The Eastern Orthodox Church venerates Christopher of Lycea with a Feast Day on May 9. The liturgical reading and hymns refer to his imprisonment by Decius who tempts Christopher with harlots before ordering his beheading.

  • ID# 66-015-117-L60i4-150
  • Size 13 3/4 in x 11 in (35 cm x 28 cm)
  • Age ca. 1870, Provincial
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $1,100

Russian Icon - St. Barbara the Great Martyress of Heliopolis

Saint Barbara, known in the Eastern Orthodox Church as the Great Martyr Barbara, was an early Christian saint and martyr living in the Greek city Nicomedia, present-day Turkey, or in Heliopolis of Phoenicia, present-day Baalbek, Lebanon. Saint Barbara is often portrayed with miniature chains and a tower. As one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers, Barbara continues to be a popular saint in modern times, perhaps best known as the patron saint of armorers, artillerymen, military engineers, miners, and others who work with explosives because of her old legend's association with lightning, and also of mathematicians. Many of her the thirteen miracles turn on the security she offered that her devotees would not die without making confession and receiving extreme unction.

  • ID# 13-RSMIS
  • Size 11 3/4 in x 9 3/4 in (35 cm x 28 cm)
  • Age ca. 18th century
  • Origin Saint-Petersburg, Russia
  • Materials Oil on gessoed wood
  • Price $975
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Saint Martyrs Shamona, Guria & Abibus of Edessa (Samon, Gury & Aviv) - Patrons of the Holy Matrimony

Saints Shamona, Guria, and Deacon Abibus of Edessa (known in Russia as Samon, Gury, and Aviv) († ca. 322) were Christians who were martyred in Edessa, Mesopotamia under Emperor Licinius for refusal to worship the Pagan Gods. They are venerated in the Orthodox Church as Patron Saints of the Holy Matrimony and their Feast day is celebrated on November 15. The Orthodox icons depicting the Saints are traditionally gifted as a wedding present. Saint Samon is depicted as a middle-aged man with dark hair and a small beard with a cross in his hands; Saint Gury is depicted as a gray-haired elder with a long beard also holding a cross; Aviv as a young, beardless man in a deacon’s stole holding a censer.

  • ID# 247-105-018-SP7-7
  • Size 14 1/4 x 11 in (36 x 28 cm)
  • Age ca. 1890s
  • Origin Provincial Russia, Kholui?
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $975
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - The Unmercenary Healer Panteleimon (Pantaleon)

Greatmartyr Panteleimon (or Pantaleon) was the Unmercenary Healer martyred under the reign of Emperor Maximian (ca. 305 A.D.). Saint Panteleimon had been educated as a physician, and he dedicated his life to the suffering, the sick, the unfortunate and the needy. He treated all those who turned to him without charge, healing them in the name of Jesus Christ. He visited those held captive in prison. These were usually Christians, and he healed them of their wounds. Saint Panteleimon is venerated in the Orthodox Church as a mighty saint and the protector of soldiers. This aspect of his veneration is derived from his first name Pantoleon, which means “a lion in everything”. His second name, Panteleimon, given him at Baptism, which means “all-merciful”, is manifest in the veneration of the martyr as a healer. The connection between these two aspects of the saint is readily apparent in that soldiers, receiving wounds more frequently than others, are more in need of a physician-healer. Christians waging spiritual warfare also have recourse to this saint, asking him to heal their spiritual wounds. The holy Great Martyr and Healer Panteleimon is invoked in the Mystery of Anointing the Sick, at the Blessing of Water, and in the Prayers for the Sick.

  • ID# 12-1009-002-096-SP1
  • Size 10 1/4 x 8 1/2 inches (26 x 22 cm)
  • Age ca. 1890s
  • Origin Central Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $800
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Two Saints: St. Peter the Athonite and St. Stephanida of Damascus

Saint Stephanida witnessed the martyrdom at Damascus of the Holy Martyr Victor, a soldier, during the reign of the emperor Marcus Aurelius the Philosopher (161-180). He was tortured, but he came through all the torments unharmed. By the power of prayer, he was victorious over a sorcerer, who from that point gave up give sorcery and became a Christian. Witnessing the miracle worked by the Lord through Saint Victor, Stephanida, the young Christian wife of one of the torturers, openly glorified Christ, for which she was condemned to a cruel death. She was tied to two palm trees bent to the ground, which when released, sprung back and tore her apart.

Peter the Athonite († before 883) is reputed to have been the first hermit to settle upon the Mount Athos. Peter is known to history primarily through unattributable legend. It is recorded that Peter was once a soldier who, through the miraculous aid of St. Nicholas and St. Simeon the Righteous, was freed from a Muslim military prison. From prison, St. Peter traveled to New Rome to fulfill a promise to God that he would take the monastic habit. It is held that Peter received his habit from the Pope himself who also formed the saint in monastic discipline. Receiving a vision of the Blessed Virgin and Theotokos Mary, Peter traveled to Mt. Athos and there lived for some fifty years.

  • ID# 51-1009-008-127-SP1
  • Size 11 1/2 x 9 3/4 inches (29 x 25 cm)
  • Age ca. 1890
  • Origin Provincial Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $800
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - St Martyr Catherine with Scenes of Her Life and Martyrdom

Saint Catherine of Alexandria, also known as Saint Catherine of the Wheel and The Greatmartyr Saint Catherine is, according to tradition, a Christian saint and virgin, who was martyred in the early 4th century at the hands of the pagan emperor Maxentius. The emperor then asked Catherine to be his queen, if only she would worship his idols. When she refused, she went to the place of execution, followed by a crowd who mourned her. She told the unbelievers to mourn their own demise. She prayed and was beheaded at the age of 18 and milk flowed from her wound. Her fragrant relics are at St Catherine's monastery at Mount Sinai.

  • ID# 159-106-113-RSSP7-1
  • Size 13 3/4 x 11 1/2 in (35 cm x 29 cm)
  • Age ca. 1890
  • Origin Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera on tooled and gessoed wood
  • Price $775
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Three Saints: St. Eudokia, St. Stephen the Protomartyr & St. Martyress Mary

Saint Eudokia was a Samarian woman who lived in Heliopolis of Phoenicia (present-day Baalbek, Lebanon). She was a very beautiful pagan and garnered her wealth by attracting wealthy lovers. Eudokia learned about Christianity from a monk by the name of Germanos and asked him if she, too, could be saved from Judgment. Germanos instructed her to remain alone in her chamber for one week, fasting and praying. Eudokia followed his instructions, and at the end of the week, she had a vision about the Archangel Michael that assured her of Christ's love for all people. At age 30, Eudokia commissioned the building of a monastery near Heliopolis and dispensed much of her wealth in various charitable projects. She rejected all of her suitors, and when one persistent suitor named Philostratus was struck down because of his persistence, Eudokia prayed for him until he recovered and then converted to Christianity. Eudokia persuaded many pagans to convert to Christianity and, by her actions, angered Roman officials who had her beheaded in 107 AD.

Saint Stephen (†c.34), venerated as the protomartyr or first martyr of Christianity was, according to the Acts of the Apostles, a deacon in the early church at Jerusalem who aroused the enmity of members of various synagogues by his teachings. Accused of blasphemy at his trial, he made a speech denouncing the Jewish authorities who were sitting in judgment on him and was then stoned to death.

Saint Martyress Mary was a slave of Tertullus, a Roman official. She was brought up as a Christian. When the persecution against the Christians broke out, Tertullus tried to cause Mary to give up her Christian Faith, but Mary remained firm and constant in the Faith. Tertullus feared that he would lose Mary, if she fell into the hands of the Prefect, so he had her whipped. While the poor girl was being whipped, no kindness was shown to her, and after she was hidden in a dark room. The Prefect found out what had been done to Mary, and Tertullus was charged with hiding a Christian in his house. The young girl was then handed over to the Prefect who commanded her to be tortured with great cruelty. The Judge then handed Mary over to a soldier who allowed her to escape. St. Mary lived the rest of her life doing everything for God, and she died a natural death, possibly in the 4th Century. She is called a Martyr, in the Roman Martyrology, because of the sufferings she bore for the sake of Christ.

  • ID# 39-1009-004-127-SP1
  • Size 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches (26 x 21 cm)
  • Age ca. second half of the 19th century
  • Origin Provincial Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera and gilding on gessoed wood
  • Price $775
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Saint Eudokia the Martyress of Heliopolis

Saint Eudokia was a Samarian woman who lived in Heliopolis of Phoenicia (present-day Baalbek, Lebanon). She was a very beautiful pagan and garnered her wealth by attracting wealthy lovers. Eudokia learned about Christianity from a monk by the name of Germanos and asked him if she, too, could be saved from Judgment. Germanos instructed her to remain alone in her chamber for one week, fasting and praying. Eudokia followed his instructions, and at the end of the week, she had a vision about the Archangel Michael that assured her of Christ's love for all people. At age 30, Eudokia commissioned the building of a monastery near Heliopolis and dispensed much of her wealth in various charitable projects. She rejected all of her suitors, and when one persistent suitor named Philostratus was struck down because of his persistence, Eudokia prayed for him until he recovered and then converted to Christianity. Eudokia persuaded many pagans to convert to Christianity and, by her actions, angered Roman officials who had her beheaded in 107 AD.

  • ID# 33-1009-003-271-SP1
  • Size 10 1/4 x 8 1/2 inches (26 x 22 cm)
  • Age ca. 1900
  • Origin Provincial Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera on gilt, tooled and gessoed wood
  • Price $750
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - St. Greatmartyr & Unmercenary Healer Pantaleon (Panteleimon)

Greatmartyr Panteleimon (or Pantaleon) was the Unmercenary Healer martyred under the reign of Emperor Maximian (ca. 305 A.D.). Saint Panteleimon had been educated as a physician, and he dedicated his life to the suffering, the sick, the unfortunate, and the needy. He treated all those who turned to him without charge, healing them in the name of Jesus Christ. He visited those held captive in prison. These were usually Christians, and he healed them of their wounds. Saint Panteleimon is venerated in the Orthodox Church as a mighty saint and the protector of soldiers. This aspect of his veneration is derived from his first name Pantaleon, which means “a lion in everything”. His second name, Panteleimon, given him at Baptism, which means “all-merciful”, is manifest in the veneration of the martyr as a healer. The connection between these two aspects of the saint is readily apparent in that soldiers, receiving wounds more frequently than others, are more in need of a physician-healer. Christians waging spiritual warfare also have recourse to this saint, asking him to heal their spiritual wounds.

  • ID# 65-1009-011-246-SP1
  • Size 12 1/4 x 10 1/4 in (31 x 26 cm)
  • Age ca. 1910s
  • Origin Provincial Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $727
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - Saint Catherine the Greatmartyr of Alexandria

Saint Catherine of Alexandria, also known as Saint Catherine of the Wheel and The Greatmartyr Saint Catherine is, according to tradition, a Christian saint and virgin, who was martyred in the early 4th century at the hands of the pagan emperor Maxentius. The emperor then asked Catherine to be his queen, if only she would worship his idols. When she refused, she went to the place of execution, followed by a crowd who mourned her. She told the unbelievers to mourn their own demise. She prayed and was beheaded at the age of 18 and milk flowed from her wound. Her fragrant relics are at St Catherine's monastery at Mount Sinai.

  • ID# 26-1009-003-110-SP1
  • Size 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches (26 x 21 cm)
  • Age ca. 1880s
  • Origin Provincial Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $700
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - The Unmercenary Healer Panteleimon (Pantaleon)

Greatmartyr Panteleimon (or Pantaleon) was the Unmercenary Healer martyred under the reign of Emperor Maximian (ca. 305 A.D.). Saint Panteleimon had been educated as a physician, and he dedicated his life to the suffering, the sick, the unfortunate and the needy. He treated all those who turned to him without charge, healing them in the name of Jesus Christ. He visited those held captive in prison. These were usually Christians, and he healed them of their wounds. Saint Panteleimon is venerated in the Orthodox Church as a mighty saint and the protector of soldiers. This aspect of his veneration is derived from his first name Pantoleon, which means “a lion in everything”. His second name, Panteleimon, given him at Baptism, which means “all-merciful”, is manifest in the veneration of the martyr as a healer. The connection between these two aspects of the saint is readily apparent in that soldiers, receiving wounds more frequently than others, are more in need of a physician-healer. Christians waging spiritual warfare also have recourse to this saint, asking him to heal their spiritual wounds. The holy Great Martyr and Healer Panteleimon is invoked in the Mystery of Anointing the Sick, at the Blessing of Water, and in the Prayers for the Sick.

  • ID# 40-1009-004-143-SP1
  • Size 11 3/4 in x 9 1/2 inches (30 cm x 24 cm)
  • Age ca. 1880
  • Origin Provincial Russia
  • Materials Egg tempera on gessoed wood
  • Price $700
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary theca with relics of Saint Vincent Martyr of Saragossa, the Protomartyr of Spain

Oval glass-fronted silver theca housing ex dentis (of the tooth) relic of Saint Vincent of Saragossa. The relic is affixed to a gold silk background surrounded by silver wire ornamentation and identified on a manuscript cedula label as S. Vincentie M (St. Vincent, Martyr). On the back,  under a protective cap, the theca is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of a Roman Catholic Bishop.

  • ID# 22-RSCR40-11
  • Size 31 x 26 mm
  • Age ca. 19th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials Silver, glass
  • Price $675
  • Silver

1957 documented reliquary theca with first-class relic of Saint Martyr Euphrasia of Nicomedia

Round silvered brass reliquary theca housing the first-class-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of Saint Euphrasia of Constantinople, Martyr. The relic is affixed to a red silk ground and identified in Latin on a typeset cedula label as S. Euphr. V. M.  (Saint Euphrasia, Virgin & Martyr).  On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Discalced Carmelite order. The relic is accompanied by an original matching authentics document issued in 1957 by Fr. Bernardine of Siena, the Postulator General of the Carmelite Order responsible for the cause of canonization of saints. The document is laminated in clear plastic for safekeeping. 

  • ID# 09-RSMIS10-6
  • Size 31 mm (1 1/4 inches) across
  • Age ca. 1957
  • Origin Rome, Italy
  • Materials brass, glass, silk, Spanish wax
  • Price $675
  • Orthodox Cross

Theca with relics of 2 Martyr Priests - St Concordius of Spoleto & St Natalius of Milan

Oval glass-fronted reliquary theca housing relics of 2 Martyr Priests: Saint Concordius of Spoleto and Saint Natalis of Milan. The relics are affixed to a fancy paper background and identified on a paper cedula label in as S. Concordii Presb. / S Natalis M. (Saint Concordius, Priest, Saint Natalis, Martyr). On the back, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a faint imprint of an unidentified Roman Catholic Bishop.

  • ID# 105-RSABR-25
  • Size 28 x 25 mm
  • Age ca. 19th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Price $575

Russian Icon - The Holy Martyress Vera (Faith), daughter of St. Sophia

The icon is depicting St. Martyress Vera, daughter of St. Sophia. Saint Sophia the Martyresses had her daughters: Faith (Vera), Hope (Nadezhda), and Love (Lyubov) killed during the reign of Hadrian (117–138). The imperial guards took Sophia's daughters one by one, from the oldest to the youngest and beat and tortured them to death in an attempt to force their mother to renounce her faith in Christ. Afterward, Sophia buried her daughters' bodies and remained by their graves for three days until she died herself. 

  • ID# 165-027-017-RSSP7-25
  • Size 9 x 6 1/3 in (23 x 16 cm)
  • Age ca. 1900
  • Origin Provincial Russia
  • Materials Oil on gessoed wood
  • Price $575
  • Orthodox Cross

Reliquary theca with relics of Saint Venantius of Camerino, Martyr

Oval glass-fronted brass theca housing ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Venantius of Camerino. The relic is affixed to a gold silk background surrounded by gilt paperolle and silver wire ornamentation and identified on a manuscript cedula label as S. Venantii M. (St. Venantuus, Martyr). On the back,  the theca is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Silvestro Merani († 1764), Titular Archbishop of Porphyrion (1742 -1764) and Sacristan of the Roman Curia.

  • ID# 25-RSCR40-11
  • Size 29 x 24 mm
  • Age ca. Mid-18th century
  • Origin Italy
  • Materials brass, glass
  • Price $575

1956 documented reliquary theca with first-class relic of Saint Victoria Martyr

Round silvered brass reliquary theca housing the first-class-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of Saint Victoria, Martyr. The relic is affixed to a red silk ground and identified in Latin on a typeset cedula label as S. Victoriae V. M.  (Saint Victoria, Virgin & Martyr).  On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Discalced Carmelite order. The relic is accompanied by an original matching authentics document issued in 1956 and signed by Fr. Bernardine of Siena, the Postulator General of the Carmelite Order responsible for the cause of canonization of saints. The document is laminated in clear plastic for safekeeping. 

  • ID# 08-RSMIS10-6
  • Size 31 mm (1 1/4 inches) across
  • Age ca. 1956
  • Origin Rome, Italy
  • Materials silver, brass, glass, silk
  • Price $575
  • Orthodox Cross

1961 Documented theca with first-class relic of Martyr Pope Anicetus

Round silvered brass reliquary theca housing the first-class-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of Saint Martyr Pope Anicetus. The relic is affixed to a red silk ground decorated with hand-painted floral ornamentation and identified in Latin on a typeset cedula label as S. Aniceti, P. M.  (Saint Anicetus, Pope & Martyr).  On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Enrico Romolo Compagnone O.C.D. (†1989), Bishop Anagni, Italy (1953 - 1972). The relic is accompanied by an original matching authentics document issued and signed in 1961 by Fr. Compagnone. The document is laminated in clear plastic for safekeeping. 

  • ID# 10-RSMIS10-6
  • Size 31 mm (1 1/4 inches) across
  • Age ca. 1961
  • Origin Central Italy
  • Materials brass, glass, silk, Spanish wax
  • Price $575
  • Orthodox Cross

Russian Icon - St. Martyr Paraskevi of Iconium in brass revetment cover

Saint Paraskevi of Iconium (also known as Paraskeva Pyatnitsa) is venerated as a Christian virgin martyr. Her parents were Christian, and Paraskevi was named as such (the name means “Friday” in Greek) because she was baptized on a Friday and because Friday was the day of Christ's Passion. She became a preacher, and according to tradition, converted Emperor Antoninus Pius to Christianity, but, subsequently martyred at Iconium during the persecutions of Diocletian. Saint Paraskevi-Pyatnitsa developed a personality and functions of her own on Russian soil. She is traditionally depicted as an ascetic figure wearing the red of martyrdom. She holds an Eastern cross in one hand and a scroll professing her faith in another. In Russia, Paraskeva-Pyatnitsa is the patroness of traders and fairs, and of the Holy Matrimony.

  • ID# 61-1009-011-095-SP1
  • Size 11 3/4 x 9 in (30 x 23 cm)
  • Age ca. 1890
  • Origin Provincial Russia
  • Materials egg tempera on gessoed wood under a brass revetment cover
  • Price $575
  • Orthodox Cross

Small Russian brass plaquette depicting Miracle of Saint George Slaying the Dragon

Small brass icons depicting Saint George the Victorybearer were traditionally given to men leaving to served in armed forces or fight the enemy invading the Russian land

  • ID# 142-37-L60i2-1
  • Size 5 cm x 6 cm (2 in x 2 1/3 in)
  • Age ca. 19th century Central Russia
  • Materials brass
  • Price $195

The web site showing only a sample of our entire inventory, if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us.

guarantee seal

Learn about our Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee and No Questions Asked 30-day return policy.

SAVE 5% from your first purchase when you subscribe to receive our infrequent mailings with updates on new arrivals, exclusive offers, and fascinating stories on relevant subjects. 

Please wait