small head
Home>>Curated Collections>>Collection of Catholic Reliquaries with Paper Authentics

Collection of Catholic Reliquaries with Paper Authentics

The certification document that accompanies a sealed reliquary is often times referred to as the authentics.  On the top of the document is the name and position (and sometimes but not always a coat of arms) of the Roman Catholic ecclesiastic official who has authenticated the relic(s). This could be the Postulator General of the religious order, the Vicar General of the Roman Curia, a local Archbishop / Bishop or their vicars.

The body of copy that is usually written in Latin with the variation of the following text:

To all and each who will inspect our [document] we make a sure pact and attest, just as we have for many presented sacred relics, that we recognize them as picked out from authentic places, with legitimate documentation, and confirmed by seal; from these [relics] we have removed a [description of the relic], which in reverence we have placed in a silver theca, oval in shape, guarded by a single pane of glass [and] bound on the back by a cord of true silk, red in color, secured by the impression of our seal in red Spanish wax. We have given said Holy Relic as a gift with the permission to keep it among yourselves, to give it on to others, and to exhibit publicly in whatever church, oratory, or chapel for the adoration of the Faithful, and for the greater glory of God, Greatest and Best, and the veneration and worship of His Saints. 

The document is a public acclamation as to the authenticity of the relic, of which a high-ranking ecclesiastic official has signed his name. Typed or hand-written into the blank areas is the name of the saint and abbreviation of the cause of their sainthood, as well as any distinction of honor that the Catholic Church might have placed on them posthumously. There is also a description of the relic itself, and a description of a theca or a reliquary that it is housed in. On the bottom of the authentic is the date of issuance, the seal of the office, and the signature of the authenticator.

On the back of the theca, there is a seal of red Spanish wax. The relic itself is held in place in the theca by threads that cross over it. The threads are fed through the walls of the theca on opposing sides and it is sealed shut with a wax seal bearing the imprint with an insignia of issuing religious authority. This seal and the threads should under no circumstances be broken because they protect the integrity and validity of the authentication. 

Documented reliquary with important relic from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus

Spectacular Baroque glass-fronted silver reliquary decorated with silver filigree wire ornamentation and housing significant relic from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ. The substantial relic is affixed to a light blue silk background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle. On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giuseppe Bartolomeo Menocchio, O.E.S.A. (1741- 1823), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and Sacristan of His Holiness Pope Pius VII. The relic is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed by Fr. Menocchio in 1807. This item is suitable for both private and public veneration by any Christian denomination. 

  • ID# 197-RSCR-23
  • Size 100 x 70 mm
  • Age ca. 1807
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented arm reliquary with important relics of Saint Abundius, Miracleworker, Bishop & Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a realistically rendered arm with blessing fingers made of silvered and gilt papier-mache containing, in the mid-section cavity, a removable oval glass-fronted silvered brass theca with two historically significant first class relics of an early Christian martyr Saint Abundius of Rome, identified on a manuscript cedula label as of the dens  (tooth) and digiti iunctura (part of a finger).  On the back, the theca is secured by an impression in red Spanish wax of a seal of fr. Giuseppe Mancini (†1855), Archbishop of Siena (1824-1855).The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed in 1829 by fr. Giuseppe Mancini.

The document describes the relic in Italian as follows:

Giuseppe Mancini
by the grace of God, and of the Holy Apostolic See
Archbishop of Siena  Domestic Prelate of his Holiness and assistant to the papal throne

We publicly acknowledge with our present letters for the greater glory of God and veneration of his saints, having recognized the following sacred relics, namely: a tooth and a bone of a finger of Saint Abundius priest, monk, and Martyr ... We placed ... extracted from authentic places, in a glass-fronted silvered brass case of oval oblong shape and housed in a silver-plated papier-mache reliquary in [the shape of] an arm. 

  • ID# 184-RSCR-2
  • Size 17 3/4 in (45 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1829
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Silvered and gilt papier-mache reliquary, silvered brass theca
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with first-class relic of St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra

Large oval glass-fronted silver reliquary housing significant first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra. The substantial relic is affixed to a gold background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle and identified on a paper cedula label as "Ex Ossibus / S. Nicolai Ep. Mir." (from the bone of St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francesco Frosini, (†1733) the Archbishop of Pisa (1702-1733). The relic is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed in 1734. This item is suitable for both private and public veneration by any Christian denomination. 


Translation of the document from Latin:

  • FRANCESCO FROSINI (†1733)
  • Patritius of Pistoia, Knight of the Holy Roman Empire,
  • by the grace of God and the Apostolic See Archbishop of Pisa (1702-1733), the Islands of Corsica,
  • both Primate of Sardinia and Papal Legate among them, as well as bishop assistant at the Pontifical Throne.

To all and each about to inspect these our letter before them, we make a pledge and we attest publicly to the effect that the under-written Sacred Relics were shown to us, namely a piece of the bones of Nicolas, Bishop of Myra

This, taken from authentic places, we have recognized to have been fortified with a seal and with the letters  and Reverend D Giuseppe M[aria] Martelli (†1741), Archbishop of Florence (1722-1741) and these we have placed reverently, locating them in a small little oval box made of brass, closed with glass, which we have tied with a silken thread, red in color; and which we have stamped with our small seal pressed in red Spanish wax above the thread itself for the sake of identification. And we have given this for the greater glory of God and the veneration of his named saints. And we have given it to the Reverend P. F. Giuseppe Martelli of the Order of Carmelites with the ability to keep it, to give it away to others, and to exhibit it publicly in whatever church or oratory or chapel for the veneration of the faithful ones of Christ, as long as the things that need preserving are preserved.

in good faith of which things, we have ordered this testimonial letter to be made through our under-written Chancery, and we have ordered it to be confirmed with our seal, and we have signed below in our own hand.

Dated/given at Pisa from the palace of the archbishop at Saint Mary the Great on this day, 20 November, in the year 1734 

  • ID# 198-RSCR-16
  • Size 70 x 55 mm
  • Age ca. 1734
  • Origin Pisa, Italy
  • Materials brass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with xlarge relic of Saint Fructuosus, Bishop & Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a tall obelisk of veneered ebony wood with front and side glass windows, standing on a rectangular base and topped with a gilt brass finial in the form of a cross and crossed palm branches, traditionally denoting a holy martyr. Inside the reliquary contains historically significant relic of the ex ossibus (from the bone) from partem cruris (part of the leg) of the early Christian martyr Saint Fructuosus of Tarragona,positioned vertically and identified on a manuscript cedula label. On the back, the reliquary is sealed by a double impression in red Spanish waxof a seal of the Siena cathedral.The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed in 1714 by fr. Horatius Piccolomini Arragona, interim Archbishop of Siena. The document describes the relic in Latin as follows:

"To each and all we pledge our good faith, and we testify that today, for the greater glory of God and the veneration of his saints, this holy reliquary of Martyr in Christ is declared to be part of the leg of Saint Fructuosus Martyr, dug up from the Lucina Cemetery of the Holy Family in Rome by brother Pierre Lambert Ledrou, († 1721), Order of Hermits of Saint Augustine, Bishop of Porphyrion [1692 - 1721] and the Prefect of the Apostolic Shrine in the days leading up to 24 July, 1701. Given as a gift to Mother Superior Maria Monica Viciolomini, of the Convent of the Holy Family of the order of St. Benedict in the venerable monastery of the Blessed Virgin Mary of this town of Tressa [present name Ponte a Tressa]."

  • ID# 182-RSCR-135
  • Size 19 1/4 in (49 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1714
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with xlarge relic of Saint Crescentius of Rome, Martyr

Reliquary in the form of a tall obelisk of painted wood with front and side glass windows, standing on a rectangular base and topped with a gilt wood finial in the form of a cross and crossed palm branches, traditionally denoting a holy martyr. Inside, the reliquary contains historically significant relic of ex ossibus (from the bone) from magna parte cruris (significant part of the leg) of the early Christian martyr Saint Crescentius of Rome, positioned vertically and identified on a manuscript cedula label and decorated with silk flowers. On the back, the reliquary is secured with a silk ribbon held by two red Spanish wax with an impression of a seal of Monsignor Alessandro Zondadari (†1744), Archbishop of Siena (1715-1744).The reliquary is accompanied by the original certification document issed and hand-signed by fr. Zondadari in 1719. 

The document describes the relic in Latin as follows:

"To all and each reading these letterswe, the undersigned, make a pledge and attest that, seeing as they were exhibited to us in person ... and having been recognized in the New Curia with their own and authentic documents assented to in the archives of the same Curia, clearly a large part of the leg of Saint Crescentius Martyr, today we, for the greater glory of God and the veneration of his saints, have placed  into ... a wooden reliquary, black in color, in the shape of a small pyramid; protected  by glass panels and a gilded coronet and inside decorated with little flowers; a reliquary which on its own [back side] is tied with a whitesilk ribbon securing the joint of the wood with a double impression of the same seal in Spanish wax."

  • ID# 183-RSCR-135
  • Size 19 1/4 in (49 cm) high
  • Age ca. 1719
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Wood, glass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with relics of the True Cross and Apostles

Large oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing first-class relics of the Apostles centered around particles from the Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ arranged in a cruciform shape. The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with elaborate gilt paperolle and silver wire ornamentation and identified on paper cedulae labels. On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giovanni Maria Castelvetri (†1785),  Bishop of the Catholic diocese of Reggio-Emilia and Princeps in Northern Italy. The theca is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed by Bishop Castelvetri in 1752. 

In addition to the the Relic of the True Cross of Jesus Christ, the reliquary contains the following relics of the Apostles: Saint Peter; Saint Paul; Saint Andrew; Saint Bartholomew; Saint Jude [=Thaddeus]; Saint James the Greater; Saint Thomas Didymus; Saint Simon; Saint Matthias; Saint James the Lesser; Saint Philip; Saint Barnabus; and Saint Matthew.

This item is suitable for both private and public veneration by any Christian denomination.  

  • ID# 199-RSCR-16
  • Size 60 x 52 mm
  • Age ca. 1757
  • Origin Reggio Emilia Province, Italy
  • Materials Brass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with rare relic of the True Head of Saint John the Baptist

Oval glass-fronted silvered brass reliquary theca housing significant and extremely rare first-class ex cranio  (from the True Head) relic of Saint John the BaptistThe relic is affixed to a red silk background richly decorated by gilt paperolle ornamentation and identified on a bi-color manuscript cedula as S. Joan Baptae / Praecurs. Dni (Saint John the Baptist, the Forerunner of Our Lord Jesus ). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Cardinal Bernardino Honorati (†1807), Titular Bishop of Santi Marcellino e Pietro al Laterano in Rome. It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand signed by Mgr.Honorati in 1802.

  • ID# 22-RSCR-18
  • Size 45 x 38 mm
  • Age ca. 1802
  • Origin Rome, Italy
  • Materials silvered brass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with Passion relic of Column of Flagellation

Opulent Baroque silver glass-fronted pendant reliquary decorated by intricate open-work filigree scrolls and applied rosettes and containing an oval silver crystal-fronted theca housing substantial Passion Relic from the Column of Flagellation of  Jesus Christ. The relic is affixed to the background of  silk surrounded by gold and silver threaded ornamntation and titled in 18th century bi-color ductus a Ex Col(umn)a / Flag(geli)s D(omin)i N[(ost)ri J(esus) C(hristi)  (From the Column of Flagellation of Our Lord Jesus Christ.)  Accompanied by a matching ca. 1788 authentics document issued by Fr. Francesco Saverio Cristiani O.E.S.A. († 1800), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon in a capacity of the Vicar General of the Roman Curia during the pontificate of Pope Pius VI (p. 1775-1799). 

  • ID# 07-RSMB-12
  • Age ca. 1788
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Important documented reliquary with first-class relic of St Nicholas, Wonderworker of Myra

Oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing first-class ex dente (of the tooth) relic of Saint Nicholas of Bari, Bishop of MyraThe relic is affixed to a golden starburst on a red silk background and identified on a manuscript cedula label as S Nikolai Ep (Saint Nicholas Bishop). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Cardinal Giuseppe Maria Spina (†1828), an important official of the Vatican Curia, and the Archbishop of Genova and Cardinal-Priest of the church of Saint Agnes Outside the Walls in Rome. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Monsignor Spina in 1812. The reliquary comes in the original tooled leather case of issue. 

  • ID# 11-RSMBR-13
  • Size 43 x 34 mm
  • Age ca. 1812
  • Origin Genoa, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ

Substantial oval glass-fronted silvered metal reliquary theca housing relics from the Holy Wood of the True Cross of Jesus Christ. The relics are affixed to a red silk background in a cruciform shape and identified on a paper cedula in the upper part as D.N.J.C. (Domini Nostri Jesus Christi  - Our Lord Jesus Christ)On the back, under the protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a clear imprint of a coat of arms of fr. Giovanni Tommaso Neuschel (†) in a capacity of Bishop of Parma (1843 - 1852)The reliquary is accompanied by a matching authentics document issued and signed by fr. Neuschel in 1845. 

  • ID# 15-RSMB-125
  • Size 46 x 36 mm
  • Age ca. 1845, Parma, Italy
  • Price $6,750
  • Orthodox Cross

Rare documented touch relic of the Holy Lance of Jesus Christ - the Spear of Destiny

Incredibly rare touch relic made from the silver object that touched the most powerful and mysterius Passion relic - The Holy Spear of Jesus also known as the True LanceThe reliquary is affixed to the original  authentics document dated 1758 and issued and hand-signed by Fr. Nicola Manciforte (†1762), Bishop of Ancona. 

The document written in Latin translates as:

"...that this silver tip of a Lance, tied to this [letter] with a ribbon of red color, and secured with a small Seal of ours impressed in Spanish Wax, touched the Very Sacred Point of the Lance with which the Side of the Savior was pierced while he was hanging on the Cross; that it exists amongst the rest of the quite famous Relics, by the possession of which our Church was distinguished as the Catheral of St. Cyriacus; and that it rouses and fosters the piety of the Faithful wondrously well, and draws them to itself...."

The Holy Spear is also known as the Holy Lance is the name of the very spear that had pierced Christ’s side when he hanged on the cross. The first person to refer this as the Holy Spear was pilgrim Antoninus of Piacenza in 570 AD. While describing the holy places of Jerusalem, he said that in the Basilica of Mount Zion, there was the crown of thorns which Our Lord was crowned and the spear which was used to strike Him in the side. It was rediscovered by the European army of the First Crusade in the city of Antioch on June 15th, 1098, but eventually ended up in the treasury of Constantinople. It is documented, that the holy relic of the True Lance passed though Ancona (an Italian city on the Adriatic side of the Peninsula), in 1492 on its way from Bayezid II the Turkish Sultan (whose father obtainied it in 1451 during the conquest of Constantinople) to Pope Innocent VIII by the hand of Pierre d'Abusson, Grand Master of the knights of Rhodes. The Pope placed it the Treasury of the old St. Peter's Basilica in Rome with the volto santo where it is held in great veneration. It is now in one of great piers of the present St. Peter's Cathedral and in front of it, over the image of Longinus is inscribed "The Spear of Longinus, which Innocent VIII, the Chief Pointif received from Bayezid Sultan of the Turks; Urban VIII transferred it to a decorated shrinerasing an image and erecting the shrine beneath." (see for more information: Relics from the Crucifixion: Where They Went and How They Got There. By J. Charles Wall.)

Since there are no records of the Cathedral of Ancona retaining a part of the True Lance when it was passing though the town on its way to Rome, it is believed that the offered relic was obtained by melting a larger silver object that touched the tip of the True Lance in 1492. A number of analogous documented reliquaries are known, but their number is exteremely small and they are in a very high demand because of impossibility of making new touch relics from the True Lance held in the Vatican after it was transferred to the pier of St. Peter's basilica in the 17th century.

  • ID# 129-RSCR-125
  • Age ca. 1758
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary frame with relic of of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St. John the Baptist, St. Helena, and other Saints

Rectangular glass-fronted wooden reliquary frame containing relics of Ex Velo (of the veil) of the Blessed Virgin Mary and 30 Saints.  The relics are housed in separate compartments and identified on paper cedula labelsOn the back, the reliquary is secured by seals of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Cardinal Antonio Gabriele  Severoli (†Bishop of Fano (1787-1801) in Italy. The reliquary is accompanied by the matching authentics document personally signed by Cardinal Severoli and dated 1800.

  • ID# 114-RCABR
  • Size 23 cm x 29.5 cm (9 in x 11 1/2 in)
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Origin Fano, Italy
  • Price $5,500

Documented theca with a relic of Saint Christopher, Patron of Travelers

Late 18th-century oval silver glass-fronted reliquary theca decorated on the outside by filigree ornamentation and housing first-class ex carne (of the body) relic of Saint Christopher of Lycia. The relic is affixed to a golden paper starburst on red silk background decorated with a silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedula label as Ex Carne / S. Christopheris (From the flesh of Christopher). On the back, the theca is secured with the perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Antonio Aloysius Schiafino. the Vicar General to Fr. Giovanni Lercari the Archbishop of Genoa (p. 1767–1802). 

  • ID# 20-RSMBR-7
  • Size 65 x 58 mm (2 1/2 in x 2 1/4 in)
  • Age ca. 1795
  • Origin Genoa, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with a relic from the Veil of the Blessed Virgin Mother

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing significant ex velo  (from the veil) relic of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The relic is affixed to a silk background richly decorated by gilt paperolle and silver cord ornamentation and identified on a manuscript cedula as B. Marie V. (Blessed Virgin Mary). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Father Filippo Mornati (†), Bishop of Nepi e Sutri (1754-1778). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand signed by Fr. Mornati in 1776.

  • ID# 23-RSMB-6
  • Size 34 x 32 mm
  • Age ca. 1776
  • Origin Viterbo, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price Price upon request
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Important documented reliquary theca with relics of St Nicholas of Bari, Bishop of Myra

Oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus relic of Saint Nicholas of Bari, Bishop of MyraThe relic is affixed to a red silk background and identified on an arch-shaped manuscript cedula as S. Nicholas Baren[si] (Saint Nicholas of Bari). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Borghese in 1792.

  • ID# 157-RSCR-8
  • Size 32 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1792
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Brass
  • Price Price upon request
  • Orthodox Cross

Important documented theca with first class ex ossibus relic of Saint Alexander Sauli

Large ornate silvered metal glass-fronted reliquary theca, containing very significant ex ossibus (of the bone) first-class relic of Saint Alexander Sauli. The relic is titled on a paper cedula as Ex Oss. Ciner et Vestibus B Alex Saulii. Back of the theca is secured by a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of Luigi Fransoni († 1862) Archbishop of Turin (1832-1862). The theca is housed in original tooled leather brown velvet lined case and the original authentics document dated 1834.

  • ID# 21-DDCR125-1 *
  • Size 135 x 120 mm
  • Age ca. 1834, Italy
  • Price $4,500

Documented theca with relic of Saint Joseph, Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Historically important late -18th century oval silver crystal-fronted theca housing significant relic of Saint Joseph, Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The relic is affixed to a background of faded red silk and titled on paper cedula as de Pallio / S. Joseph Sp. (of the robes of Saint Joseph, Spouse). The back of the theca is secured by a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of (venerable) Francesco Antonio Marcucci (+1798), Titular Patriarch of Constantinople, personal advisor to Pope Clement XIV, and founder of Congregation of the Pious Workers of Mary Immaculate. Comes with original certification document dated 1780 and signed by fr. Francesco Antonio Marcucci in the capacity of Bishop of Montalto, Italy. 

  • ID# 66-RSCR-5
  • Size theca: 30 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1780
  • Materials silver
  • Price $2,950
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Theca with documented first class ex ossibus relics of Saint Nicholas of Myra and Saint Theresa of Ávila

Oval glass-fronted silver theca housing first-class ex ossibus relics of Saint Nicholas of Myra and Saint Theresa of Ávila affixed onto a background of gold silk and surrounded by paperolle ornamentation. The relics are labeled on a paper cedulae in 18th-century ductus as Ex Oss. S. Nicholai Ep. Mi. / Ex Oss. Theresia Virginis (of the bone of Saint Nicholas, Archbishop of Myra / of the bone of Saint Theresa, Virgin). The theca is secured by a seal of red Spanish wax with a coat of arms of fr. Giovanni Luca Solari (†1810), Bishop of Brugnato and comes with the original matching document signed by him in the capacity of Vicar General to the Archbishop of Genua and dated 1791. 


Saint Nicholas († ca. 345) was buried in a church in Myra (modern day Turkey) and his tomb by the Middle Ages already became a popular place of Christian pilgrimage. In May of 1087, under the pretext of preserving them from the Muslim Turks who occupied Myra, relics of the Saint were stolen by Italian merchants from the place of his burial and transported to Italy where they are still kept in a crypt of a specially built Basilica of St. Nicholas in Bari. According to legend, when Italian merchants opened the sarcophagus, spicy smell of myrrh spread from the relics of Saint. Merchants from Bari managed to take only some of the relics of the Saint, leaving many smaller fragments in the grave. These fragments were collected by Venetian sailors during the First Crusade (1096-1099) and taken to Venice, where they were kept in the church of St. Nicholas. Modern scientific research in Bari and Venice proved that fragments in two cities belonged to the same skeleton. A small part of the relics is still kept in Turkey in the Church of St. Nicholas. 

Saint Teresa of Ávila, also called Saint Teresa of Jesus († 1582), was a prominent Spanish mystic, Carmelite nun, author during the Counter-Reformation, and theologian of contemplative life through mental prayer. She was a reformer of the Carmelite Order and is considered to be, along with John of the Cross, a founder of the Discalced Carmelites. She was canonized in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV, and in 1970 was named a Doctor of the Church by Pope Paul VI. She is a Holy Patron of bodily ills; headaches; chess; loss of parents; people in need of grace; people in religious orders; people ridiculed for their piety; sick people; and sickness.

  • ID# 34-DDCR-5 *
  • Size 40 x 35 mm
  • Age ca. 1791
  • Price $2750
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with relics of 4 Evangelists & St. Mary Magdalene

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing relics of all four Evangelists: second class ex veste (0f the tunic) relic ofSt. John, the Apostle and Evangelist, and ex ossibus (of the bone) first class relics of the following - St. Mathew, the Apostle and Evangelist; St. Luke, the Evangelist; St. Mark, the Evangelist; and St. Mary Magdalene, known as the Apostle to the Apostles. The relics are affixed to a red silk background in a five-petal shape and identified on a paper cedula going around the perimeterOn the back, under protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a clear imprint of a coat of arms of fr. Giovanni Andrea Miotti (†), Bishop of Parma (1882 - 1893)The reliquary is accompanied by a matching authentics document issued and signed by fr. Miotti in 1888. 

  • ID# 14-RSMB-12
  • Size 37 x 32 mm
  • Age ca. 1888, Parma, Italy
  • Materials brass
  • Price $5,950
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with the first class ex ossibus relic of Saint Anthony Maria Zaccaria

Large ornate silvered metal glass-fronted reliquary theca, containing very significant first class ex ossibus (of the bone) first class relic of Saint Anthony Maria Zaccaria. The relic is titled on a paper cedula as Ex Oss. B Antonii Zaccaria. Back of the theca is secured by a perfecty preserved seal of red Spanish wax. The original autentics document is issued and signed by the Barnabite Order and dated 1897, in th eyear of his Canonization.

  • ID# 19-DDCR125-1
  • Size 120 x 100 mm
  • Age ca. 1897
  • Price $5,500

Documented theca with relics of Saint Margaret of Antioch, (Saint Marina, the Great Martyr)

Oval glass-fronted silvered brass reliquary theca housing first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Margaret of Antioch, Martyr. The relics are affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by twisted silver wire ornamentation and identified on a bi-color cedula label as S. Margar. V. M.  (Saint Margaret , Virgin and Martyr). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Bonaventura Gazzola O.F.M. Ref. (†), Bishop of Cervia and Apostolic Administrator of Corneto. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by fr. Gazzola in 1819. 

  • ID# 101-RSABR-75
  • Size 25 x 22 mm
  • Age ca. 1819
  • Materials silvered brass
  • Price $3,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of the Blessed Virgin Mary and her husband St Joseph

18th century oval crystal-fronted silver reliquary theca housing ex velo (of the veil) relic of the Blessed Virgin Mary and ex pallio (of the coat) relic of her husband, Saint Joseph. The relics are affixed to a gold silk background and identified on a manuscript cedulae as Ex Velo B. Mariae V. / Ex Pallio S. Joseph. On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Prospero Scaccia († 1932), Archbishop of Siena (1909-1932). It is accompanied by the matching re-issue authentics document issued by Fr. Scaccia in 1920. 

  • ID# 155-RSCR-4
  • Size 40 xx 34 mm
  • Age teca - ca. 18th century, seal and document - ca. 1920
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials silver, crystal
  • Price $3,600
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with relics of Saint Lucia of Syracuse

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca decorated on the perimeter with twisted wire and housing first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Saint Lucia of Syracuse. The relics are affixed to a red silk background around golden paperolle ornamentation and identified on a paper cedula as S. Luciae M. (Saint Lucia, Martyr). On the back the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a clear imprint of a coat of arms of Francesco Saverio Cristiani O.E.S.A. (†), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and the Sacristan to the Holy See (1782 - 1800)The reliquary is accompanied by a matching authentics document issued and signed by fr. Cristiani in 1789. The document has some damage on the left side as pictured. 

  • ID# 08-RSMB-65
  • Size 33 x 30 mm
  • Age ca. 1789
  • Materials silver
  • Price $3,250
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St Jerome, Doctor of the Church, Patron of Scholars

Mid-18th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing substantial first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Jerome, Doctor of the ChurchThe relic is affixed to a salmon-colored silk background decorated with fancy cutouts and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Hieronimi D. (Saint Jerome, Doctor of the Church ). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francesco Guidi (†1778) Archbishop of Pisa (1734-1778). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr.Guidi in 1750. 

  • ID# 160-RSCR-35
  • Size 37 x 32 mm
  • Age ca. 1750
  • Origin Pisa, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $2,950
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St Blais (Blase), Bishop of Sebastia, Patron Saint of Animals

Oval silver crystal-fronted theca housing relic of St. Blais, Martyr. The relic is  affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by twisted wire and titled on a paper cedula label as S. Blasii Ep. M. (Saint Blais, Bishop, Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured by a seal of red wax with imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Silvester Merani († 1764), Titular Archbishop of Porphyrion and Vicar General of the Vatican Curia. The original 18th century theca is housed in a custom silver pendant with back cap inscribed with owner's initials "S.R." The theca is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and hand signed by Fr. Merani in 1754, 

  • ID# 130-RSCR-65
  • Age ca. 1757
  • Materials silver
  • Price $2,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St Lawrence (Laurence) Deacon of Rome, Martyr

18th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Lawrence Deacon of Rome, Martyr. The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with golden paper starburst and golden cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as Ex Oss S. Laurentius Lev. M. (From the bone of Saint Lawrence, Deacon, Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Francesco Gaetano Incontri († 1781), Archbishop of Florence (1741-1781). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Incontri in 1770. 

  • ID# 179-RSCR-25
  • Size 45 x 40 mm
  • Age ca. 1770
  • Origin Florence, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $2,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St. Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Early 19th-century oval silver glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The relic is affixed to a golden paper starburst on red silk background decorated with a silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedula label as [Ex] Oss. S. Anne M BV[M] (From the bone of Saint Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Monsignor Antonio Felice Zondadari (†1823), Archbishop of Siena (1795-1823). It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Zondadari in 1809. 

  • ID# 173-RSCR-2
  • Age ca. 1809
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials Silver
  • Price $2,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St Blais (Blase), Bishop of Sebastia, Patron Saint of Animals

18th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Blaise, Bishop and Martyr. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as Oss: S. Blasii Epi & Mar. (From the bone of Saint Blais, Bishop & Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Alfonso Marsili († 1794), Archbishop of Siena (1792-1794). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Marsili in 1794. 

  • ID# 154-RSCR-25
  • Size 32 x 23 mm
  • Age ca. 1794
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $2,500
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary with relics of Saint Anthony of Padua

Oval glass-fronted brass reliquary theca housing second class ex habito (from the robe) relics of Saint Anthony of Padua.  The relics are affixed to a red silk background and identified on a typographic cedula as S. Anton. Pat. (Santo Antonius de Patavium). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of fr. Giuseppe Bartolomeo Menocchio, O.E.S.A. (), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and Sacristan of His Holiness Pius VII.  The reliquary is accompanied by the original matching authentics document under a coat of arms of fr. Giuseppe Bartolomeo Menocchio and dated 1804. The document with incerted theca is housed in attractive period frame. The theca is removable allowing for inspection and veneration spearately from the framed document. 

  • ID# 12-RSMB-45
  • Age ca. 1804
  • Origin Vatican
  • Price $2,450

Documented theca with relics of St. Peter of Alcantara, O.F.M., Patron Saint of Brazil

18th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Peter of Alcantara, O.F.M. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as Ex Ossibus S. Petri Alcan. C.  (From the bone of St. Peter of Alcantara, Confessor). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of dark red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Mgr. Jean Baptiste Gamberucci, Archbishop of Amaseé and Domestic Prelate to the Pope. It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand-signed by Mgr. Gamberucci in 1736. 

  • ID# 168-RSCR-2
  • Size 26 x 22 mm
  • Age ca. 1736
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price 2,350
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St. Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Early 19th-century oval silver glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with a silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedula label as S. Anne M [B] VM ( Saint Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Giuseppe Bartolomeo Menocchio, O.E.S.A. (1741- 1823), Titular Bishop of Porphyreon and Sacristan of His Holiness Pius VII. The reliquary is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr.Menocchio in 1816. 

  • ID# 25-RSCMB-45
  • Size 26 x 23 mm
  • Age ca. 1816
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price $2,350
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with a relic of Saint Benedict of Nursia

18th-century oval silver crystal-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Benedict of Nursia. The relic is affixed to a  silk background and identified on a manuscript cedula label as S. Benedicte Ab. (Saint Benedict, Abbot). On the back, the theca is secured with a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Father Niccola Sermattei (†Bishop of Assisi (1755-1780). It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Sermattei in 1757. 

  • ID# 21-RSMB-45
  • Size 27 x 24 mm
  • Age ca. 1757
  • Origin Assisi, Italy
  • Materials silver, rock crystal
  • Price $2,350
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented reliquary theca with relics of Saint Bernardino of Siena, Apostle of Italy

Oval crystal-fronted brass reliquary theca housing significant second class ex cappuccio  (from the monk's hooded robe) relic of Saint Bernardino of Siena.  The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated by gilt paperolle and silver cord ornamentation and identified on a manuscript cedula as S. Bernardunus. On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand signed by Fr. Borghese in 1790.

  • ID# 156-RSCR-25
  • Size 32 x 26 mm
  • Age ca. 1790
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials brass
  • Price $2,250

Documented reliquary theca with relics of St. Philip Neri & St. Catherine of Siena

Oval double-glass silver reliquary theca housing first class ex praecordi  relic of Saint Philip Neri and ex ossibus relic of Saint Catherine of SIena The relics are affixed to a faded red silk background decorated by gilt paper starburst and silver cord ornamentation and identified on a fancy bi-color manuscript cedulae. On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand signed by Fr. Borghese in 1789.

  • ID# 153-RSCR-25
  • Size 28 x 25 mm
  • Age ca. 1789
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials silver, glass
  • Price $2,250
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St Juliana Falconieri, O.S.M., foundress of the Religious Sisters of the Third Order of Servites

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing second-class ex velaminibus albo et nigro (of the white and black veils) relics of St Juliana Falconieri, O.S.M. The relics are affixed to the silk background and identified on a manuscript cedulae as Ex Velam-bus / S. Jul-e Falcon-e. On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Joseph Felix Leonetti († 1764), Prior of the province of Tuscany for the Order of Servites. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Leonetti in 1800. 

  • ID# 178-RSCR-25
  • Size 40 x 34 mm
  • Age ca. 1800
  • Origin Tuscany, Italy
  • Materials Silver
  • Price $2,250
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St Philip Neri, Apostle of Rome

18th century oval crystal-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex sangune  (of the blood) relic of Saint Philip Romolo Neri. The relic is affixed to a multi-color silk background decorated with gilt paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as Ex Tela imbuta sangune / S Philip Neri (Of the cloth soaked with blood / of Saint Philip Neri). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Monsignor Ferdinando Maria de Rossi († 1775), Cardinal-Vicar of Rome (1742-1759). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. de Rossi in 1748. 

  • ID# 167-RSCR-25
  • Size 33 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1748
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials Silver
  • Price $2,250
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St Margaret of Cortona, T.O.S.F., Patron Saint of Tertiaries

18th century small oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing relic of Saint Margaret of Cortona, T.O.S.F.,The relic is affixed to silk background decorated with silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Marg. CortOn the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Gregorio Alessandri (†), Bishop of Cortona (1773-1802). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Alessandri in 1786. 

  • ID# 169-RSCR-25
  • Size 26 x 21 mm
  • Age ca. 1786
  • Origin Cortona, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $2,250
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of Saint Aloysius Gonzaga, Patron of AIDS patients

Small oval crystal-fronted silver reliquary theca housing ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Aloysius Gonzaga. The relic is affixed to red silk background and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Alois. Gonz. On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giuseppe Bellotti (†), Bishop of Massa Lubrense (1756-1788). It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Bellotti in 1766. 

  • ID# 166-RSCR-25
  • Size 25 x 21 mm
  • Age ca. 1766
  • Origin Naples, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,950
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St Lawrence of Brindisi, O.F.M. Cap., Doctor of the Church

18th century oval glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) pre-canonization relics of ​Saint Lawrence of Brindisi, O.F.M. Cap. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with gold paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedula label as B. Lauren. a Br. (Blessed Lawrence of Brindisi)On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Venerable Francesco Antonio Marcucci (†1798), Titular Patriarch of Constantinople (1781-1798), Confessor and advisor to Pope Clement XIV.. It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Marcucci in 1784. 

  • ID# 159-RSCR-2
  • Size 25 x 22 mm
  • Age ca. 1784
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,850
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St. Lucia (Lucy) Martyr of Syracuse, Patron of the Blind and Writers

18th century ovel glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Lucia of Syracuse. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Luciae V. M. (Sant Lucia, Virgin & Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of dark red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Placido Pezzancheri († 1757), Bishop of Tivoli (1728-1757). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand-signed by Fr. Pezzancheri in 1757. 

  • ID# 174-RSCR-2
  • Size 28 x 24 mm
  • Age ca. 1757
  • Origin Tivoli, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,800
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St Gertrude the Great, St Bridget of Sweden & Saint Frances of Rome Obl. S. B.

18th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing relics of ​Thee Roman Widows: Saint Gertrude the Great; Saint Bridget of Sweden; and Saint Frances of Rome Obl. S.B.The relics are affixed to a red silk background decorated with golden paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae labelsOn the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Venerable Francesco Antonio Marcucci (†1798), Bishop of Montalto (1770-1781). later Titular Patriarch of Constantinople (1781-1798), Confessor and advisor to Pope Clement XIV. It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Marcucci in 1780. 

  • ID# 161-RSCR-2
  • Size 32 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1780
  • Materials Silver
  • Price $1,800
  • Silver

Documented theca with first class relics of Saint Joseph of Cupertino, Patron of Pilots and Students

Oval glass-fronted  reliquary theca housing first class ex carne (from the flesh) relics of Saint Joseph of Cupertino. The relics are affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by twisted silver wire ornamentation and identified on an arch shaped cedula label as Ex Carne S. Jos. a Cupertino C. (Of the Flesh of Saint Joseph of Cupertino, Confessor). On the back, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of fr. Antonio Gabriele Severoli (†1824), Bishop of Fano (1787 - 1801). It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed by Fr. Severoli in 1793. 

  • ID# 109-RSABR-75
  • Size 30 x 25 mm
  • Age ca. 1793
  • Price $1,750

Documented reliquary theca with relics of the Blessed Giovanni (John) Colombini

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing significant first class ex ossibus  (from the bone) relic of the Blessed Giovanni Colombini The relic is affixed to a silk background decorated by gilt paperolle and silver cord ornamentation and identified on a fancy bi-color manuscript cedula as B. Joan, Colom, S. (Blessed Giovanni Colombini of Siena). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand signed by Fr. Borghese in 1791.

  • ID# 177-RSCR-2
  • Size 32 x 29 mm
  • Age ca. 1791
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,750
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St Joseph Calasanz (Josephus a Matre Dei)

Oval crystal-fronted silver reliquary theca housing pre-canonization ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Joseph Calasanz. The relic is affixed to red silk background and identified on a manuscript cedulae as B. Joseph Ca. On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Silvestro Merani († 1764), Titular Archbishop of Porphyrion (1742 -1764) and Sacristan of the Roman Curia. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Merani in 1748. 

  • ID# 163-RSCR-2
  • Size 28 x 23 mm
  • Age ca. 1748
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,750
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St. Frances of Rome, Obl.S.B., Patron Saint of Widows and Car Drivers

19th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing substantial first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Frances of Rome Obl. S. B.The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Franciscae Roma. On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giuseppe Mancini (†1855), Archbishop of Siena (1824-1855). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand-signed by Mgr. Mancini in 1829. 

  • ID# 158-RSCR-2
  • Size 27 x 22 mm
  • Age ca. 1829
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,750
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St. Bernard of Clairvaux, O. Cist., Doctor of Church

18th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca decorated on a perimeter by silver filligree wire and housing substantial first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, O.Cist. The relic is affixed to a gold silk background and identified on a manuscript cedulae as Ex Oss. S. Bernardi Ab. (of the bone of Sant Bernard, Abbott). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Borghese in 1783. 

  • ID# 176-RSCR-2
  • Size 50 x 40 mm
  • Age ca. 1783
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,750
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St. Laborious, Bishop of Le Mans

Early 19th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of ​Saint ​Liborius of Le MansThe relic is affixed to a gold silk background decorated with golden paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Liborii Ep (Saint Liborius, Bishop ). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Monsignor Antonio Felice Zondadari  (†1823), Archishop of Siena (1795-1823). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Zondadari in 1813. 

  • ID# 165-RSCR-2
  • Size 28 x 26 mm
  • Age ca. 1813
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,750
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of the Blessed Giovanna Maria Bonomo

18th century oval glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of ​the Blessed Giovanna Maria Bonomo. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedula label as B. Joanna Bonon. V. (Blessed Giovana Bonomo, Virgin)On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Borghese in 1784, only one year after she was beatified by Pope Pius VI. 

  • ID# 172-RSCR-2
  • Size 32 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1784
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Price $1,750

Documented theca with relics of St Prosper, Bishop of Reggio

18th century oval glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of ​Saint Prosper of Reggio. The relic is affixed to a green silk background decorated with elaborate gold paperole and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedula label as S. Prosperi / Epi. Regy (Saint Prosper, Bishop of Reggio). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giovanni Maria Castelvetri (†1785), Bishop of Reggio Emilia (1750-1785). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Castelvetri in 1776. 

  • ID# 164-RSCR-2
  • Size 42 x 32 mm
  • Age ca. 1776
  • Origin Italy
  • Price $1,750

Documented theca with relics of St. Emygdius, Martyr, Miracleworker invoked against earthquakes

Early 19th century oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Emygdius, Martyr. The relic is affixed to a blue silk background and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Emidy E. M. (Saint Emygdius, Bishop and Martyr). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Giovanni Francesco Capelletti (†1831), Bishop of Ascoli Piceno (1806-1831). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Capelletti in 1817. 

  • ID# 152-RSCR-2
  • Size 24 x 22 mm
  • Age ca. 1817
  • Origin Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,700
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of St Veronica Giuliani

Oval silvered brass glass-fronted theca housing rare pre-cononization first class ex ossibus (of the bone) relics of Saint Veronica Giuliani. The relic is  affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by twisted wire and titled on a paper typographic cedula label as Ex Ossibus / B. Veronicae Ju,  On the back, the theca is secured by a seal of red wax with imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Stefano Bonsignore († 1826), Bishop of Faenza, Italy (1807-1826). The theca is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and hand signed by Bishop Bonsignore in 1808.

  • ID# 128-RSCR-3
  • Age ca. 1808, Faenza, Italy
  • Price $1,500

Documented theca with relic of Saint Hyacintha Mariscotti

Mid-19th century glass-fronted silvered metal theca housing relic ofSaint Hyacintha Mariscotti, T.O.R. The theca is accompanied by the original ca. 1857 authentics document issued by Monsignor Costantino Cardinal Patrizi Naro (†), Prefect of the Roman Curia (1832-1834).

  • ID# 108-RSCR-35
  • Size 27 x 24 mm
  • Age ca. 1857, Vatican
  • Price $1375

Pair of documented reliquary thecae with relics of Martyrs - St. Telianus (Teilo) and St. Egei

Two identical oval glass-fronted brass reliquary thecae housing substantial first-class ex ossibus relics of Saint Martyrs Telianus and EgeiThe relics are affixed to red silk background and identified on an arch-shaped manuscript cedula as S. Teliani M. and S. Egei M.. On the back, the thecas are secured with perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Tiberio Borghese (†1792), Archbishop of Siena (1772-1792). They are accompanied by a single original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Borghese in 1786. 

  • ID# 171-RSCR-2
  • Size 32 x 27 mm
  • Age ca. 1786
  • Origin Siena, Italy
  • Materials brass
  • Price $1,350
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of Blessed Nicholas of Forca Palena

Oval silver crystal-fronted theca housing first class ex ossibus (of the bone)  relic of  Blessed Nicholas of Forca Palena, direct gift from the  Pope Clement XIV (1769-1774), issued only one year after beatification. The relic is affixed to the background of red silk, surrounded by golden paperolles and identified on typographic cedula label as B. Nicolai F.  The theca is sealed by the red wax seal with a coat of arms of Cardinal Marcantonio Colonna (†1793), Archpriest of the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and Vicar General of the Roman Curia. The reliquary is accompanied by original matching authentics document hand-signed by Monsignor Colonna in 1772.

  • ID# 121-RSCR125-1
  • Size 33 x 30 mm
  • Age ca. 1772, Vatican
  • Materials Silver
  • Price $1,275
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of Saint Giovanni Leonardi, the founder of the Clerks Regular of the Mother of God of Lucca

Oval Neo-Gothic glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first class pre-canonization ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Saint Giovanni Leonardi. The relics are affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by twisted silver wire ornamentation and identified on a typographic cedula label as Ex Oss. /B. Io[anis]. Leonardi C. (Of the bone of the Blessed Giovanni Leonardi, Confessor). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of the Postulator General of the Order of Clerks Regular of the Mother of God of Lucca. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by the Clerks Regular of the Mother of God of Lucca in Santa Maria in Campitelli in 1907. 

  • ID# 98-RSABR-75
  • Size 32 x 25 mm
  • Age ca. 1907, Rome, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,275
  • Silver

Documented reliquary with relics of Saint Lucia of Syracuse

Oval glass-fronted silver reliquary theca housing first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Saint Lucia of Syracuse. The relics are affixed to a red silk background and identified on a paper cedula as S. Luciae V. M. (Saint Lucia, Virgin and Martyr). On the back the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a clear imprint of a coat of arms of a Catholic BishopThe reliquary is accompanied by an authentics document under the coat of ams of Pope Pius X issued by Cardinal Pietro Respighi (1913) in a capacity of the Vicar General of the Roman Curia and dated 1909.

  • ID# 43-RSABR-5
  • Size 28 x 24 mm
  • Age ca. 1900
  • Materials silver
  • Price $1,250
  • Silver
  • Orthodox Cross

Documented theca with relics of Saint Paulinus of Antioch, Martyr

Oval glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Saint Paulinusof Antioch, Martyr. The relics are affixed to a red silk background, surrounded by twisted silver wire ornamentation and identified on a fancy shaped cedula label as Ex Oss S. Paulini / M. i Ep. Luca (Of the bone of Saint Paulini, Martyr and Bishop of Lucca). On the back, under a protective cap with an image of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a perfectly preserved imprint of a coat of arms of fr. Giulio Arrigoni O.F.M. Ref. (†), the Archbishop of Lucca. It is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued and signed by Fr. Arrigoni in 1851. 

  • ID# 99-RSABR-75
  • Size 27 x 24 mm
  • Age ca. 1851
  • Price $1,250

Documented theca with relics of St Francis de Sales & St. Jane Frances de Chantal, founders of the order of the Visitation of Holy Mary

Ca. 1800 round glass-fronted reliquary theca, containing ex carne (of the flesh) first class relics of Saint Francis de Sales and Saint Jane Frances de Chantal. The relic is titled on a paper cedula as chair s. f. De Sa(les)chair s. de Chant(al). The theca is affixed by a green cord to a seal of red Spanish wax on the certifying document dated 1777 and issued by Fr. Joseph-Marie Paget (†1810), Archbishop of Geneva (p. 1787-1802).

  • ID# 118-DDCR125-1
  • Size 25 x 25 mm
  • Age Ca. 1800, Geneva, Switzerlad
  • Price $1,150

Documented theca with relic of Saint Barbara Great Martyr Virgin

Round glass-fronted silver theca housing first-class ex ossibus (from the bone)  relic of Saint Barbara accompanied by matching authentics document issued in 1954 by cardinal Clemente Micara (†1965) in a capacity of Vicar General of Rome.

  • ID# 08-OHR-75
  • Size 33 mm in diameter
  • Age ca. 1954
  • Materials silver
  • Price $975
  • Silver

Documented theca with relics of St. Paulinus of Lucca & other saints: St. Jane Frances de Chantal, of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Francis of Paola, & St. Margaret of Cortona

Oval glass-fronted silver theca housing relics of nine saints: ex ossibus (of the bone) of Saint Paulinus Protobishop of Lucca and Martyr, ex carne (of the flesh) of Saint Jane Frances de Chantal, ex indusio (of the coverings) of Saint Vincent de Paul, ex veste (of the clothes) of Saint Francis of Paola, and ex veste (of the clothes) of Saint Margaret of Cortona. The relics are affixed to a background decorated with crochet flower ornamentation and titled on cedula labels. On the back, the theca is secured with a red wax seal with a coat of arms of fr. Filippo Sardi (†), Archbishop of Lucca (1789-1826). The relic comes with a matching authentics document prepared and signed by fr. Sardi and dated 1800.

  • ID# 47-RSABR-75
  • Size 55 x 47 mm
  • Age ca. 1800, Italy
  • Materials Silver
  • Price $975

Documented theca with relics of St Francis of Paola, O.M., Founder of Order of Minims & Patron of Mariners

20th century round glass-fronted reliquary theca housing first-class ex ossibus  (of the bone) relic of Saint Francis of Paola, O.M. The relic is affixed to a red silk background decorated with gilt paper and silver cord and identified on a manuscript cedulae as S. Francesco de Paola Conf. (Sant Francis of Paola, Confessor). On the back, the theca is secured with perfectly preserved seal of dark red Spanish wax bearing an imprint of a coat of arms of Fr. Girolamo Cardinale († 1954), Bishop of Verona (1923-1954). It is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued and hand-signed by Fr. Cardinale in 1927. 

  • ID# 175-RSCR-2
  • Size 44 mm in diameter
  • Age ca. 1927
  • Origin Verona, Italy
  • Price $975

Documented theca with relics of Saint Anthony Maria Zaccaria, The Barnabites

Small round glass-fronted theca housing first class ex ossibus (of the bone) relic of Saint Anthony Maria ZaccariaThe relic is identified on a cedula label as V. Ant M Zach. The theca is sealed by the red wax seal with a coat of arms of the Barnabite Order. The reliquary is accompanied by original matching authentics document issued by the Barnabite Order "Regular Clerics of St. Paul" (Clerici Regulares Sancti Pauli) in 1853.

  • ID# 125-RSCR125-1
  • Size 20 x 20 mm
  • Age ca. 1853
  • Price $775

Documented theca with relics of 5 venerated nuns: Bl Mattia de Nazzarei, Bl Angelina of Marsciano, St Angela of Foligno, St Maria Crescentia Höss & St Francis of Paola

Oval glass-fronted theca housing relics of five venerated nuns: the Blessed Mattia de Nazzarei, the Blessed Angelina of Marsciano, ​Saint ​Angela of Foligno, Saint ​Maria Crescentia Höss, and Saint Francis of Paola. The relics are affixed to a background of red silk and titled on typographic cedula labels. On the back, the theca is secured with a red wax seal with a coat of arms of Fr. Antonio Santarelli, the Postulator General of the Franciscan Order responsible for causes of beatification and canonization. The theca is accompanied by the authentics document prepared and siged by fr. Santarelli and dated 1927. 

  • ID# 46-RSABR-75
  • Size 50 x 47 mm
  • Age ca. 1927, Italy
  • Price $775

Documented theca with first class relics of Saint Richard the King (Richard Pilgrim)

Round glass-fronted  silver theca housing first class ex ossibus (from the bone)  relic of Saint Richard the King (Richard Pilgrim),  accompanied by matching authentics document issued in 1954 by cardinal Clemente Micara (†1965) in a capacity of Vicar General of Rome.

  • ID# 10-RSMIS-1
  • Size 33 mm in diameter
  • Age ca. 1954-dated, Vatican
  • Materials silver
  • Price $725
  • Silver

Documented reliquary with relics of Saint Benvenutus Scotivoli, Bishop of Osimo

Round silver glass-fronted reliquary theca dating to 1920's housing first class ex ossibus (from the bone) relics of Saint Benvenutus Scotivoli, Bishop of Osimo. The relics are affixed to a red silk background and identified on a typographic cedula as S. Benven. Ep. C. (Saint Benvenutus, Bishop and Confessor). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a hardly visible imprint of a coat of arms of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin sealed by Fr. Anthony M. Santarelli, Postulator General of the Order in 1920's responsible for a cause for beatification and canonization through the judicial processes required by the Roman Catholic Church. The reliquary is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Anthony M. Santarelli and dated 1927. 

  • ID# 37-RSABR-5
  • Size 30 mm in diameter
  • Age ca. 1927
  • Materials silver
  • Price $695
  • Silver

Documented reliquary with relics of Saint Lawrence of Brindisi OFM

Round glass-fronted silver reliquary theca dating to 1920's housing first class ex habite (from the robe) relics of Saint Lawrence of Brindisi. The relics are affixed to a red silk background and identified on a typographic cedula as S. Laur. Brund. C. (Saint Lawrence of Brindisi, Confessor). On the back, under a protective cap, the theca is protected by a seal of red wax with a hardly visible imprint of a coat of arms of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin sealed by Fr. Anthony M. Santarelli, Postulator General of the Order in 1920's responsible for a cause for beatification and canonization through the judicial processes required by the Roman Catholic Church. The reliquary is accompanied by the original matching authentics document issued by Fr. Anthony M. Santarelli and dated 1927.

  • ID# 39-RSABR-5
  • Size 30 mm in diameter
  • Age ca. 1927, Italy
  • Materials silver
  • Price $595
  • Silver

The web site showing only a sample of our entire inventory, if you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us.

guarantee seal

Learn about our Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee and No Questions Asked 30-day return policy.